New arrangement for field service?

by Zico 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As mentioned, the PIONEER ASSIST PROGRAM has been operating in the U.S. for a long time.
    It's been about 10 years or more. The program doesn't work well at all.

The pioneers do like to work with each other, as that seems more reliable. The publishers who are
    assisted get tired of trying to get out more often. If the pioneer doesn't work with them when they
    do show up, the publisher usually quits the program. Many pioneers were not really qualified to
    help anybody be a more productive publisher. They didn't want to reveal their secrets to a publisher-
    that they mostly sat around gossiping at bus stops or driving back and forth to return visits that they
    knew were not home today or how they kept all their personal errands down to 10 minutes or so apiece
    so they can continue their time (or offer a tract to the dry-cleaner).

I am not making any of that up. Many pioneers who did this once or twice asked not to be assigned
    to another publisher. Many publishers see it as a way to force them out in recruiting more often and
    refused to participate. This is totally true.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

sounds like a way to teach the rank and file how to walk slower and eat more Tim Horton's to me.

~Hill

• Priest73
    Priest73

I haven't been out in almost 10 years... does that bring the average down?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

its been in operation here for 10 years too..

nobody's noticed

• willyloman
    willyloman

Matty's assessment of this "program" which was trotted out a decade ago is right on. It didn't work, for all the reasons he points out in his (or her) commentary. No one wanted to be picked, and the pioneers weren't crazy about it, either. Pioneers - as with all dubs but more so - really don't like field service and spend their energy finding ways to make it easy duty, designing their routine so to minimize the work, the stress, and above all any chance they'll get stuck out in "service" with one of the whack jobs in the congo.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sounds like an applied exploitation of the pioneers with the intent to push the publishers to do more field work

The manipulation of minds for power and profit continues, such a shame in this day and age, but thats religion I guess

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I love how they have to point out which practices are "loving". It only proves that they are not. I'm sure most of those teamed up are single moms working two jobs trying to pay the bills, handicapped, college students, and don't have time to go out in servicio (this also means toilet in spanish jajajajaja!)

• Honesty
    Honesty

They tried it my hall, too

The pioneer sisters were very secure financially and made so many excuses why they couldn't work with the poorer JW's that the BOE 'unofficially' axed the idea after less than a month.

They revived it a week before the CO's visit for a while until the new wore off on him, too.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Ah, yes . . . the pioneer assist program. I once participated in that. I was, of course, the weak one who got out in service very little. Then...........the pioneer sister assigned to assist me and I were asked to appear on the circuit assembly program to tell about our experience with the pioneer assist program. What an eye-opener that was! When we went to practice our part, the brother giving the talk let us know what we were to say. It was very clearly a manipulative sales pitch; I could recognize it right away. The pioneer sister just didn't get it and kept wanting to say something else and he had to really get on her to say exactly what he wanted. At the time, I felt like the ends justified the means, but my eyes were opened to the sales techniques practiced by the WTS. From then on, I would sit in service meetings and see very clearly that it was nothing more than a sales meeting. The service meeting became very tedious and boring to me. I could barely keep my mind on what was said. Now I look back and am amazed that so many people cannot see this for what it is, but clearly there are many J-dubs in thrall to the Watchtower Society.

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

The weak ones- that would apparently apply to moi, 0 hours in the ministry and come to think of it 0 hours at the meetings.Could never go back there, NEVER.I enjoy having a mind of my own to much now and not just being a CONTAINER FOR THE WATCHTOWER.In fact i feel more spiritual since ive left than when i was there.Stuff em.Do i sound angry for some reason?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit