APOSTASCOTLAND

by Dansk 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Would someone seriously consider arranging for an Apostafest up in Scotland next year? I know I'm asking this early but I feel it would be good to put the feelers out now.

Obviously, it would have to be a location easy to get to - so that means Stornoway is OUT! Sorry, Ross & Xena

How about Edinburgh?

Ian& Claire

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

kewl!

If its at the right time I could double it up with going to college for my graduation too

• free2think
    free2think

An apostafest in Scotland sounds great, even though im a londoner can i still come?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    even though im a londoner can i still come?

Someone else asked me this about going to the meal in London. Why on earth does anyone think they can't come? EVERYONE is welcome at these events!

I suggested Scotland because so many Scots and far northerners tend to miss out on the gatherings that tend to be farther south.

(The real reason is that Claire and I want a good excuse to visit Scotland)

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I am planning a tour next year first stop Carlisle to stay with my first ex's family and then Gairloch to stay with my last ex's parents, over to Lewes to See Ross and Xena and B and then to the Sheland Isles to visit an old friend and then back to Edinburgh - Edinburgh is a brilliant place to go. I'd suggest avoiding August as the prices go sky high for accomodation with it being the Fringe Fest. As for venues - depends on how many of us there are./ The Witchery is awesome - Pavrotti, Madonna etc all being patrons (well when he was alive) but last time I went it worked out at around £100 a head (and I wasnt paying - thank god). I have some favourite restaurants - a really great steak place on Broughton Street, but downside is they all tend to be very small and initimate and would struggle to accomodate more than 8 at a table.

Anyway let it be known I'd be up for it.

• free2think
    free2think
    even though im a londoner can i still come?

Someone else asked me this about going to the meal in London. Why on earth does anyone think they can't come? EVERYONE is welcome at these events!

I suggested Scotland because so many Scots and far northerners tend to miss out on the gatherings that tend to be farther south.

(The real reason is that Claire and I want a good excuse to visit Scotland)

Kewl, well in that case im definitely up for it.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I would love to come but it would be very tricky.

but can i suggest Glasgow - best for shops, eating out & pubs. Nicer people as well, though I am totally biased.

Remember - GLASGOW = Centre of the Universe.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Dreaming...

(Apostafest AND lads in kilts....)

• south african beef
    south african beef

Bubble and I would be interested but it does depend on the dates.

Scotland is a nice country but I really hope 'The Scotsman' had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he suggested that Glasgow was the centre of the universe!!!!!!!!!!!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I'd be up for a Scottish visit too...

Can't make the December one... so with loads of notice, Scotland should be okay !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit