Hello everybody

by JulieM 64 Replies latest jw friends

• JulieM
    JulieM

Quandry

Sorry to hear about the smoking thing

It's not very wise, I agree, though lighting up in front of the elders was sort of satisfying. It was my statement to them in a way, as if to say I'm tasting forbidden fruit nowadays, smoking, having a "worldly" boyfriend, reading apostate literature etc, and there's nothing you can do about it. As for the smoking, my bf smokes, and I just wanted to try it. I've not become a heavy smoker, just a few a day, but I amit I'm getting a little hooked and I enjoy it. I ought to stop before it gets out of hand, but I'm not promising I will.

cyberguy

Welcome JulieM! Who knows what got you kicked-out. The sad part is that they could have fabricated everything and painted you in an ugly picture, and created an entire fiction! Have you tried to keep some kind of spirituality? I’m just a little curious.

They are probably painting an ugly picture of me now, but I don't care. It's the norm in that congregation, and others I suppose, when anyone gets df'd. The rumours of what they've become since rejecting Jehovah start circulating immediately, started by the elders. I haven't heard anything yet, but I expect I'm being painted as a chain-smoking, drug abusing fornicator by now, with a penchant for reading apostate literature since I stopped reading the Watchtower's delightul words of truth. The PO and his main cronies are probably angry that I robbed them of the stimulation of asking me about the lurid details of my sex life as I didn't turn up for my JC. Knowing their wives, I'd think that they were looking forward to that, it's probably the only excitement they get nowadays.

As for spirituality, that's something I will have to deal with at some point in the future. I still believe in God, and I think I always will. Marion has invited me to her church, but I don't fancy that, not at the moment anyway. After spending my entire life in an organised religion, I'm not keen on the idea of joining another one yet, if I ever am. I'd be very apprehensive, if not scared, of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by going anywhere else just yet. I still have a lot of issues to deal with after a lifetime in the JWs as well, so for now I'll just enjoy my freedom and deal with the aspect of faith when I feel ready.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

julieM:

As for spirituality, that's something I will have to deal with at some point in the future. I still believe in God, and I think I always will. Marion has invited me to her church, but I don't fancy that, not at the moment anyway. After spending my entire life in an organised religion, I'm not keen on the idea of joining another one yet, if I ever am. I'd be very apprehensive, if not scared, of jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by going anywhere else just yet. I still have a lot of issues to deal with after a lifetime in the JWs as well, so for now I'll just enjoy my freedom and deal with the aspect of faith when I feel ready.

that could be me saying that... ive just walked away in the last month for good.... i just want to experience that freedom...

excellent first posts...hope to hear more.

Snakes ()

• Scully
    Scully

And here I was worried about Julie figuring out the forum - a lot of newcomers seem to be baffled with how to do quotes and such - it seems you've got the knack for it, my dear! Or at least Trevor's being a big help, I'm sure!

Now we've got to get that man of yours posting too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nice to meet you Julie. You have a great way of expressing yourself, very vivid...I like it. Glad to know you are a friend of Trev and Linda and Marion...I am so sorry for your loss.

Welcome to the board.

Josie

• JulieM
    JulieM
    Or at least Trevor's being a big help, I'm sure!

Yes, he gave me a short lesson in how to use the forum. He hasn't told me how he formats his posts though, I'll have to ask him that one. As for Gareth posting, he's never been in a cult so he doesn't know why we need places like this to help with our recovery programme.. He approves of me posting though, not that it would make any differrence if he didn't, no headship in our house lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit