pets are so much better than people....I am not well..so sorry

by oompa 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Unique1 said it all.

If you are near, or plan to be near Chicago- the city my anonymous profile pretends to be from,
    Oompa, give a call or PM me. Let's have that coffee. I have to visit Chicago soon to learn more
    about it to protect my fake profile, anyway.

Otherwise, look for others who are near you. A little face-to-face might do you some good.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i remember someone from this board referring to suicide as a permanent solution to a temporary problem.........i liked it so much, i remembered it been down that road (depression and suicidal thoughts) and soooo glad i was too chicken to kill myself...........life is okay today..........i turned 50 in august and can honestly say that i feel the best is yet to come...........i LOVE being 50~~~~

Terri

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

oompa, I have to agree - I'll take a pet over people any day. No matter how depressed I am, my bird, Rocco, gives me a needed boost. He doesn't care if I'm fat, ugly, or smell bad. He loves me anyway. I can spend hours with him, cuddling, playing, etc., and time seems to come to a standstill. He's one of the few things in life that can still make me laugh, as he plucks my nosehairs, stuffs food in my ear, or paints my face with tomato sauce.

Please hang in there.

W

• tere1998
    tere1998

Animals are the best!! But not all people are bad, it's just really hard to find the good ones.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Dear oompa, because of all the commotion with Linda's passing I think a lot of people didn't notice a lot of the threads. I wouldn't have opened this one but because of JK666's thread about his concern for you I finally did.

I haven't read all the responses but I do see a lot of caring, supportive people here on the board. I know it's not like having people physically with you but it sure beats being totaly alone.

You start believing all the negative things in your head; that your worthless, that nobody really cares anyway. Think about your wife and children, friends, extended family, people here on this board, so many people are affected if one contemplates suicide or just wishing to pass on. I've been there and the sad, scary thing is that people can care and be supportive but in the end only we can change our circumstances with the help of a professional counsellor. If there is a medical problem then I realize it's a whole different story.

Please listen to your doctor. I know that it's hard for men to seek help but please do, if not for yourself, for your family.

I just read JK's post that you are okay right now. Please take care. I will add you to my prayers if that's okay. Heck I will do it anyway.

• oompa
    oompa

There are truly many caring people at JWD. It is amazing. Thanks for the reminders about thinking more of the future, and your experiences. None of my happy pills seem to be working, and may be causing some bad thoughts. Thanks everyone......oompa

• snowbird
    snowbird
    None of my happy pills seem to be working, and may be causing some bad thoughts. Thanks everyone......oompa

Your pills may very well be the problem. I was on Zoloft for a brief while - until I got the urge to choke my semi-invalid mother to death!

Tell your doctor the effect they're having on you. You may need a different Rx.

Sylvia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    There are truly many caring people at JWD. It is amazing.

And we just found out we were twins separated at birth.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

((((Hugs))))) Ommpa! Hang in there bro! Don't make me smack you upside the head for being a stubborn a$$ed man, see your doctor, figure out what is causing these feelings, if it is the meds. We all care and want to see you well and whole. Inpatient care versus funeral care, which is worse? Ask yourself that. Do you want your kids to be fatherless? Do you want them to someday take the same route? Of course not right? Then STOP, SEEK HELP and HEAL. Your in my thoughts!

Lots of Love,

Sweetstuff

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

O,

The fact that many have pmed you shows the concern that is out there. We ALL "get it." We know. You are in a unique community and the love is there.

YOU MUST REACH OUT......just a few numbers and you are mind to mind, heart to heart.

Just do it....just once....

Brotherly concern in a way you will never know,

V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit