pets are so much better than people....I am not well..so sorry

by oompa 66 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I saw the cutest card the other day...

It said...You know your cat loves you ..when he lets you lay underneath him while he's sleeping.

alt<---Gypsy

alt<---granddaughter.

Oompa hope you're feeling better.

lisa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oompa.

Life is worth living. Your kids are worth living for. And they need you. You are valuable and important to them and others. You have encouraged others here, your wit is sharp, you're a valuable person on this board, and a valuable person in your personal life at home.

You have some problems - others here understand them. That is why you posted this - you know we care.

Please go speak with your doctor - your meds might be having an adverse effect on you right now. Combined with copious amounts of alcohol, who knows what the effect. If you have phone numbers or email addresses of some of us - call. Let us help. That is the reason we are here on the board - Hell, that is the reason we are alive on the planet isn't it?

Please respond and let us know that this has passed, and that you are ok. No big brother counsel here, or fatherly advice. Just let us know.

Peace to you bro -

Jeff

• Tara
    Tara

Oompa, I am sorry you are feeling so bad and hope today is better for you. I wish I knew how to post lovely kitten pictures, but I don't. I will just say that yes, you are right. Animals can be much nicer than people and they (animals) always know when you're feeling down and need a wet nose or some purring and claws to cheer you up. Please take your doctor's advice, and please let us know you are going before you go to the hospital.

• JK666
    JK666

bttt

Love ya, Oomp!

JK

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((oompa))),

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/113796/1.ashx

In case it will help you see that tomorrow need not be as bleak as you predict: In a year-and-a-half I have walked from the edge of suicide ("Suicidal Ideation With Plan", they called it) spending two weeks in a State facility, to the most fulfilling place in my life so far. I could not possibly have done it alone. People on this forum helped me. Immensely.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• JK666
    JK666

Oompa is safe. Check the OOMPA thread.

JK

• oompa
    oompa

Auldsoul, that sounds good. You really have come a long way. I am not used to reaching out for help, esp. people I dont really know. But is is interesting that you can get to know people at JWD. And we sure have some things in common. I do appreciate all your responses. Feeling this bad is scary, but I seem to also be scared at the thought of inpatient treatment. thanks much...oompa

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Oompa:

Listen to the cat.

Ask the animals,
    and they will teach you,
    or the birds of the air,
    and they will tell you,
    or speak to the earth,
    and it will teach you,
    or the fish of the sea,
    and they will inform you."

Job 12:7-8

The cat is one of your totems. She is reminding you of all you have to live for.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Auldsoul, that sounds good. You really have come a long way. I am not used to reaching out for help, esp. people I dont really know. But is is interesting that you can get to know people at JWD. And we sure have some things in common. I do appreciate all your responses. Feeling this bad is scary, but I seem to also be scared at the thought of inpatient treatment. thanks much...oompa

Please don't be scared to go in for treatment. I have been there (in the 60's) and have never thought of attempting suicide ever again. I am facing yet another surgery shortly (I almost died a year ago June from hemorraghing AFTER the surgery was over. I stopped breathing when blood went into my airway) and I am definitely afraid of heading back to the operating room---but I DO realize that to PRESERVE my life---it is necessary to do what is called for. YOU need to get the supervised help you need to preserve YOUR life.

I can sympathize with your concerns. You can and will be able to see things more clearly and will be shown the skills you need to cope with your particular problems. PLEASE go and GET this help!

hugs,

Annie

• unique1
    unique1

Your DF'd kid really needs you as you are the only one that can see things as he/she does. You are probably the only one he considers as loving him/her unconditionally. If you can't hang in there for you, do it for him.

Also there is nothing more soothing than the purr of a kitty. So go love on your kitty and if you don't have one I suggest you get one, and listen to the purr. Instantly relaxing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit