Week long Elders school announced

by JWFreak 43 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

They all get a chance to see the Wizard in the fabled palace of OZ! For this they will brave any obstacle. This is damage control and employee retention.. Something is afoot and

they went their enforcers to remain.

• anewme
    anewme

I can hardly believe this. Really.
    What an imposition! My former elder husband was handicapped and there was no way he was going to go and I certainly would not go to New York to assist him while he attended a bogus minister's school.

I dont think this is true. If it is, I feel so sorry for all the elders families.

Please keep us informed about this.

Thanks,

Anewme

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

If this one week exclusive school for elders is true, whether at Patterson or at local Assembly Halls, I'm positive that not every single elder can attend.

Each congregation will send elders according to the individual elder's ability and availablity. Then those who would attend can take extensive notes and relay information they learned to the other elders in their congregation who could not attend the week long course.

This way the congregation can still be run and overseen by any remaining elders who aren't "privileged" to attend for the week.

This is my take on this.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Same principle as the new JW Watchtower.

CULTivating a "siege mentality" to strengthen the resolve to remain in the organization.

That is all.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

they will going throught the Presiding Overseers first. based on p.o's per congergations..this will take at least 5 years for them to go through all the po's-U.S only and yes this will be held at patterson... they are almost done going throught all the c.o's for the c.o school...... you heard it from me first! -lol

• sir82
    sir82

Huh? So it's just POs being whisked up to Patterson? Then what? Do the PO's hold meetings with the rest of the BOE to "train" them in what they learned?

That makes even less sense. One, the POs (and most elders for that matter) are generally incompetent regarding teaching, and two, would the Society really want their teachings filtered through the POs before reaching the other 80% of the elders? The Society is quite anal about getting the exact message they want heard coming from their own lips - to trust that to senile and/or incompetent and/or idiotic POs that many congregations have just seems way out of line with the way they usually operate.

And it will take 5 years? So 2-1/2 years from now you'll have 1/2 the elders in the US operating under one set of guidelines, and the other half under another?

It's still not adding up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

They may create a provision for the congregation to pay the travel expenses. I know when the CO comes to town, the congregation foots the bill. A few years ago the COs had an all expense paid school in patterson. It lasted over a month. Im sure the society covered their expenses. If the society requires us to pay for it, it shouldn't be an obstacle for most elders. Airfare from the west coast to NY is under 500 round trip. Im sure they will "negotiate" a special rate with an airline. Lodging and meals will be provided by the society. Who knows, they may even make provisions for us to stay with the local bros. It can end up having an "international convention" feel! The hard part may be getting a week off from work. And leaving the family behind; If the elder cant afford to fly his entire family to NY.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ..this will take at least 5 years for them to go through all the po's-U.S only and yes this will be held at patterson...

This rumor needs some fine tuning. Please explain why one person from each congregation would take
    5 years. How many congregations are there? How many total elders are there?

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

this is not a rumor this is fact.. the first ones attending will be the po's...than other elder will be eligible..seniority?...i dont know...finacial ability?..i dont know..... count the number of congergations.....take 1 elder from each and add that to classrooms. these are the number two elders who were in attendance at the meeting came up with...when they were discussing this with me

• lawrence
    lawrence

In January, elders will be rated on a points system (number of JCs, solo turnins, snooping evidence, voyeurism, hunches, planting bugs, extract info, donate $, threaten congo cheapskates, quickbuild involvement, rah-rah level, C.O. lapdog). These points will determine the elders seniority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit