Week long Elders school announced

by JWFreak 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

At the AGM it was announced that all elders in the US will attend a weeks 5 days Kingdom ministry school next year.

There will be a different class held at Patterson each week until all US elders have attended. Not sure about other countries.

What is different is normally the KMS is a day and a half.

It make me think that there must be a new elders manual coming out.

• sir82
    sir82

What the hey? The school will conducted in Patterson???

So, they expect roughly 60,000 or so US elders to not only take a week off work, but also fly (or drive 2, 3, or 4 days) to attend? And how many elders have jobs where that is even possible and/or financially responsible?

There's gonna be a lot of dirty windows whenever that all the elders from a certain area go for a week!

• Open mind
    Open mind

It would really be a shame if this kind of financial and family burden ends up being the straw that causes more elders to finally decide to step aside.

I'd really hate to see that.

Open Mind

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A week long Elders School.???..Armageddon!Armageddon!..

• zack
    zack

CAN YOU SAY: DAMAGE CONTROL?

I'M GLAD I'M NOT AN ELDER ANYMORE.

• franzy
    franzy

It would really be a shame if this kind of financial and family burden ends up being the straw that causes more elders to finally decide to step aside.

I'd really hate to see that.

Open Mind

i like the subtle power of your sarcasm without emoticons...
    are you on firefox?:)

• Open mind
    Open mind

franzy:

are you on firefox?:)

Nope. Not today. Now that I'm an Emperor, I thought I'd try using my "subtle power".

Glad you liked it. Thanks.

Open Mind

• VM44
    VM44

So _every_ elder in the United States is going to have to travel to Patterson, NY to attend an "Elder's school"?

Has this ever been done before? Making all the elders travel to one particular location for trainnig?

Wouldn't it make more sense to conduct the schools locally for the elders, perhaps at the local Assembly Hall? It would help those elders who couldn't be away from their family or jobs for a whole week!

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

yb03p.15HighlightsofthePastYear***

Kingdom

MinistrySchoolEmphasizesSpirituality

The Kingdom Ministry School began in 1959 as a one-month study course. It was held at South Lansing, in upstate New York, U.S.A. In other countries, it was held at locations arranged by the branch offices.

• golf2
    golf2

As the saying goes, "The more things change, the more things remain the same." Not impressed.

Maybe this school will fuel more apostates, you never know.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit