Week long Elders school announced

by JWFreak 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Maybe the Borg thinks the elders will find this as a perk - going to the "Most Holy?"

JK

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    IDoubting Bro said:
    always remember coming away from those schools feeling like I was worthless and wanting to "step aside".

The 2005 elders school was my final straw. I was reminded that elders are a special clergy class whose sins
    can be overlooked, so they can remain as elders. I immediately got back to the research outside of the Borg
    that I had kept promising myself I would do one day. I read most of the stuff at freeminds.org and jwfacts.com and
    many other places. I ordered COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL since it wasn't written by a former member,
    and had it sent to my home. By summer, I confided in my dad (never a JW) that I was aware that I was in a
    mind-control cult, and had him order the Ray Franz books and other materials.

My point is that they will try to retain elders, but will lose some just by whatever they reveal.

I'm wondering it there really is other big bad news or if this is just an attempt to make elders feel like they're special?
    And, I still think a new elders manual will be released. No inside info, just a gut feeling.

I was just speculating on the bad news. I think the lawsuits and the selling of properties and many
    negative numbers in the worldwide report are more than enough bad news. I think the "members only"
    WT will be explained to the elders. They will say how it's going to reveal so many new lights, that they
    want the elders to take it seriously. I have the same feeling on the elders manual. They need to do so many things according to the lawyers
    now, that they want all the elders to be clear. DO NOT IMPLICATE THE MOTHER ORGANIZATION.
    DO NOT GIVE THEM A REASON TO SUE. THROW YOURSELF ON ANY GRENADES LAUNCHED
    BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN MISTAKES.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

So exactly how is this going to work ... all the US elders must journey to Patterson, away from their respective congregations for a week. Does that mean that random congregations will be elderless for an entire week?

• sspo
    sspo

If it was announced i guess i have to beleive it will take place but i feel that the society would definetely know

that a good percentage of the elders would not show up due to lack of money, job or time away from family.

I attended those classes for over 20 years and always felt it was a waste of time.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I'll admit to being torn on this one.

One on hand I can't imagine going to a week long course at Patterson. I remember the two week courses held in the early 70s, Schroeder taught them as I recall.

On the other hand I would absolutely love to sit there and here what the heck is going on. To see brothers from various parts of the circuit and talk over their issues both personally and congregationally.

If this does occur and a new elders manual does come out, I'll bet links to it will be posted here within weeks of its distribution.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So exactly how is this going to work ... all the US elders must journey to Patterson, away from their respective congregations for a week. Does that mean that random congregations will be elderless for an entire week?

Heck yeah, son! HOUSE PARTY at the Kingdom Hall! Wooot!

But seriously though, they'd probably just cancel meetings for a week.

• Gill
    Gill

Oh Dear!

There are going to be some very unhappy elder's wives, families and not to mention elders!

What a shame!

I imagine there are more than a few JW men thinking of resigning from their positions with this kind of burden.

A relative of ours, they are in their 40's and childless due to pioneering and putting 'da Kingdumb' first, say they have to drink a bottle of wine between them EVERY evening just to beging to relax as they feel so stressed. He is an Elder and she a pioneer! I saw him the other Monday Evening rushing off to an Elders meeting having just got off a bus from work and having no time to even have anything to eat.

Let's not forget the elders are also dumb sheep that are getting a sound beating by the bOrg!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'll bet the MS can handle it for a week, besides, there will probably be a lot of elders who decide 'enough is enough' and those MS will need the experience of running the show since so many of them will be quickly promoted to elder.

The last week long elder mtgs. were in the early 70's? Remember what they were talking about happening in the mid 70's? So what are they talking about happening in the early teens of this century? Hmmm.

• freyd
    freyd

"The 2005 elders school was my final straw. I was reminded that elders are a special clergy class whose sins can be overlooked, so they can remain as elders."

WOW, does that explain a lot!

• sir82
    sir82

I've been thinking about the logisitics of this "all the elders go to Patterson" scenario - what a nightmare!

To get it all done in a year, you'd have to have at least 1000 per week at Patterson. Is there enough space at the Patterson Inn? Would they expect the elders to "double up" in the rooms to save space? For west-coasters, how will transportation between the airport & Patterson for 1000+ elders be arranged? There would be a monstrously huge increase in the food budget for Patterson for a whole year - at a time when the Society is cutting costs left & right.

It just seems so much more efficient & cost-effective to send out Bethel reps to Assembly Halls around the country instead, and allow the brothers the "privilege" of paying for it.

I'd like to see some sort of independent confirmation that the school really is going to be conducted at Patterson for all the US elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit