Week long Elders school announced

by JWFreak 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wonder. Call me cynical, but so far all this is just rumor, right? Where did all this info about the annual meeting come out?

If it is true, perhaps just the PO's would be going? That does seem rather an onerous expectation-even for the WTS!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I agree that it does sound strange. They just had a KM school. Generally they are held every four or five years.

Isaac Carmignani

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

JW Freak,

That confirms another post on here about the 5 day KM school. Are you sure its just going to be held in Patterson? Seems like they would have a difficult time pulling that off. Wouldn't it be easier to conduct it like a normal KM school? I attended a few where they flew in big shots from Bethel to conduct much of it. Of course, the WTS would have to pay for the Bethelites to go out vs having the local elders pay their own way to Patterson.

I agree that a new elders manual is on the horizon. Seems I heard that rumor a year or two ago.

The last KM school was conducted in late 2005, so its earlier than the normal pattern.

Sure am glad I don't have to go!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

NEW Elders School Schedule: Come early Sunday night for self deprecation and legal advice, JCs on tape, and Internet Spying.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

7:30 - 10 Legal Matters 7:30 - 10 Best JCs on Tape 7:30 - 10 Internet Spying 7:30- 10 Good Cop, Bad Cop 7-10 Questioning

10 - Noon Destoying Evidence 10-Noon Spiritual Warfare 10- Noon Planting Bugs 10-Noon Conducting JCs 10-Noon Protect WTS

Noon- 2 Lunch and Building Maintenance (Monday - Thursday) Friday shred all notes and books, test snooping equipment, and sign oaths.

2 - 6 1874, 1914, & 1975 2-6 New Light 2-6 The C.O. is your daddy 2-7 Donate or die! Return to Home Congo

7-9 Stop the whining 7-9 Quick builds from Jah. 7-9 DF, DF, DF, keep it up! 7-9 Fear and thumbscrews.

Wonder, if they'll be checking brothers for liquor and bottles of pills. How many excuses will Brother Boozer make before he gets himself a liquor store run?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have gone to the 2-day elder's school (Maybe it was 3 days). Very very painful. I cant imagine what a week of that crap will be like.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

Man that is too much-

I bet all the elders will have to pay out of their own pockets for this trip and yet somehow the WBTS will convince them during the week that they should contribute towards "use of the facilities".

• changeling
    changeling

My channel from the inside mentioned Patterson as well.

Just how do they expect window washers and toilet scrubbers to pay for this trip?????

changeling

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Doubting Bro said:

Are you sure its just going to be held in Patterson? Seems like they would have a difficult time pulling that off. Wouldn't it be easier to conduct it like a normal KM school? I attended a few where they flew in big shots from Bethel to conduct much of it. Of course, the WTS would have to pay for the Bethelites to go out vs having the local elders pay their own way to Patterson.

I agree that a new elders manual is on the horizon. Seems I heard that rumor a year or two ago.

I can't confirm anything. I am just commenting assuming that the information is true.

Sending elders to Patterson, the elders will feel like they are being taken into the inner circle,
    the heart of the organization. Putting them up in rooms at their compound, letting all see the
    place, meeting big shots, confiding to them about the WT current situation, it's all just the
    cult's tactics to keep the elders longer.

They probably expect some huge bad news items to come out quickly, so they don't want to
    wait until a regular scheduled elder school is due. Actually, the bad news is coming out
    already.

They will probably tell the elders that all the bad things are happening because Satan interprets
    things as getting soooooooo close to the end "right around the corner." They will probably tell
    them that they are to be the princes in the new system, so just "hang on a couple more years."
    They will probably tell them that "after receiving this vital confidential information, abandoning the
    elder ranks might compare to unfaithfulness to Jehovah." It would be like kool-aid light.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

OTWO - I see what you mean and while there are a bunch of elders that would be gung-ho about going to Patterson for a week, there are a bunch more that will be very unhappy. I do agree that the sole purpose would be a move to keep the elders they currently have. I always remember coming away from those schools feeling like I was worthless and wanting to "step aside". Not sure even in my zealot days if this would have worked on me. Of course, this is still speculation but I'm also assuming its true until proven otherwise.

I'm wondering it there really is other big bad news or if this is just an attempt to make elders feel like they're special? I think if there's really bad stuff that's about to break, they would call a special circuit meeting to discuss it. This sounds like its going to take a year and I think it may be a similar program to the one the DO/CO completed a year or two ago (maybe a little longer than that). And, I still think a new elders manual will be released. No inside info, just a gut feeling.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

My dad will be so sad he just got deleted.. HAHAHHA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit