BIG NEWS!

by deaconbluez 78 Replies latest jw friends

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Make sure that every thing that you write can be verified, is not exagerrated, or not sound too onesided. To be factual, trying to be unbiased and fair will give the best impact. A few sentences praising the good aspects of the witnesses might even be good, nothing in the world is totally black and white... Witnesses would very easily jump at the article, of the wording is incorrect, or that things are takenout of proportions. Stating that college is illegal, would be an untruth, since most likely they will know someone who is in college, or even non-Jw readers would know some. Then they might doubt the whole article as being the writing of a disgruntled, bitter ex member... Stating that it is discouraged, might back it up with statistics showing that the JWs have th lowest amount of college graduated among its adherents its mightsubstantiate the results of that policy... Also, it might be good to differentiate between the policies of the Watchtower society and Jws as such. Many individual witnesses are good, decent people, but at times act inhumanly (e.g. shunning) due to policies enfored by the Watchtower society. Just my thoughts.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the biggest embarrassment could come from mentioning the Kool-Aid edition of the Puketower that is reserved for the insiders, the doctored up Bible they use, the ban on independent study of the Bible or verification of accuracy of the new World Translation or the doctrines, the two-witness rule on pedophiles, and the multiple times they have reversed a position multiple times on a doctrine. You might also mention the life of a typical JW child, space permitting, and that they are showcasing 6 year olds that get baptized (along with that it is so difficult to leave once you get baptized).

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Looking forward to reading your article and sending it on to jaydubeeya relatives.

People (non jaydubeeya people) don't care about biblical doctrine.

People love dirty laundry. How do the catholics get headlines ? sex,money,corruption.

Definitely get some non jaydubeeyas to read it and give their opinions on it also.

• Will Power
    Will Power

WOW what a great opportunity. - No pressure eh?

everytime I've confronted a JW, or read about someone doing it - whether its the UN, false prophecies, NWT twists, pedophile paradise - 2 witness rule - the list is really endless.... JWs & their supporters have the same reactions (up front) - defense of the indefensible, in the end it turns to denial, fear takes over and just like that YOU are a danger and need to be avoided.

The say it takes 10 years to come out of a cult. (if its gonna happen at all)

Why not use the B.I.T.E formula that identifies a (cult). USE another word if you can EMPHASIZING THE CONTROL. General definitions of all the characteristics, then one by one be specific with WT policies, traits, behaviour, loaded language, emotional blackmail techniques, secret/sacred science etc.
    use their own words to confirm that they fit every identifier.

The uneducated public will be made aware of their sly recruitment methods, and more than some jws will get very uncomfortable.

Be sure and drop a few websites & books to read for more information - like "the finished Mystery" hahahah

good luck.

wp

• moshe
    moshe

DB- I would try and get some 1st person accounts from ex-JW's of what happened to them in the KH. It is sometimes hard to find people willing to talk about it.

Also, I had an idea recently about the lack of JW charites. JW's always say we help out on an individual basis- right. Do you have a local food panty type charity? if so ask them about soliciting canned foods for them and get their OK- maybe they can provide special donation barrels for it. NOW call up very KH you can and write a letter to them asking them to support a food drive at their KH. Who could argue against that? Now when you do your story you will have the names of the elders who snubbed your request and the 100% refusal of any KH to support the local needs of the hungry. Since JW are known for their quick builds they could also be hit up to assist in a Habitat for Humanity home building project. Even the Jews in my community sponsored and worked on one of these homes for a low income family.

added: JW's need to be shamed for their lack of charities- the general public will give them the cold shoulder on this issue alone. Imagine a JW going to work and having to defend their refusal to accept donations for a food pantry.- they can't dress that pig of a KH up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

congrats, I am sure you will do a fantastic job

purps

• TopHat
    TopHat

Shunning of JWs who question the Head of the Watchtower organization....NOT very Christian....No free thought or speech

• TopHat
    TopHat

Shunning of JWs who question the Head of the Watchtower organization....NOT very Christian....No free thought or speech

• minimus
    minimus

Stick ONLY to the facts. Show how "cultlike" JWs are, but let the reader figure it out by your clarity.

• metatron
    metatron

Stick to simple points that your audience can easily understand and appreciate. Damage to families and preaching

the End is near as a form of fraud come to mind.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit