BIG NEWS!

by deaconbluez 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

DB. A suggestion for some material you might find interesting to use backed up with facts is Don Cameron's book 'Captives of a Concept.' You can pick out some good material from it.

"You will never get sick. You will never grow old. And you will never die." Anatomy of an Illusion...Captives of a Concept....Understanding the Illusionary concept that holds Jehovah's Witnesses captive....There is only one thing that needs to be known about the Watchtower Society and there is only one way to know it.

Go to members directory and pull up Don's site and there is much info that you can find there. You can also order and read his book on line or get your own copy.

Pm Don and he will be helpful.

Blueblades

• Quandry
    Quandry

What a great opportunity!! I am sure you will do well.

I was thinking that the WTS was so embarrassed by the site on the web that published its own quotes. If you include plenty of their own quotes I'm sure people will see for themselves what this organization is all about.That way there can be no accusations of "embelishing" or misquoting. The poster that said this sums up so much:

I was a witness from birth to age 22ish and I wish so much that I would have read about pyramid measurements supporting their dates, God living on some star

Most witnesses are baptised not knowing the history of the organization --for example that 1914 was derived from a measure of a pyramid, nor its past failings be it doctrine such as 1975, or idiotic therapies or lack of, such as vaccinations being like putting pus into your body. Of course, once they are "in" they are not to go back and do research, or question any of this former "light."

I am sure that the many statements published in their own literature about education, and all non witnesses being fodder for birds, etc., will open the eyes of many.

Please let us know what paper this will be published in. I have relatives in Alabama that are not witnesses.

• changeling
    changeling

Inquiry Man's advice is top notch!

changeling

• tula
    tula

I know your focus seems to be on warning the unsuspecting and all the above ideas are excellent.

I wish something could have been publicized about the UN scandal so that the ones who are still inside and deluded would have a chance to know the truth about that. But that would probably need to be an article to itself.

Since the insiders are forewarned about movies not to watch, books not to read, people not to talk to....it seems the only way they might be reached is a media event beyond the control of Wbts....like the evening news or the newspaper.

The insiders will always be ready to defend whatever grievences you write about. But hopefully, the rest of the world will take note.

I certainly hope that your article will be picked up by API and run in major newspapers across the country.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Excellent --- Just make sure that everything you say is absolutely accurate down to the smallest detail. Dubs will no doubt reply and any single thing that can be refuted will weaken your argument...Use as much of their own stuff as you can.

I guess I would focus on the things that have meant a lot to me . The failed predictions over 130 years, the proposed mass slaughter of unbelievers at Armageddon, the controlling behaviour that identifies it as a cult

• IT Support
    IT Support

How about referring to Barbara Anderson's recent CD (www.watchtowerdocuments.com)?

• JW pedophiles nor reported to authorities
    • is the next knock on your door a JW pedophile?
    • record WT payouts
    • KH insurance premiums used to finance some payouts
    • play up WT squandering all the poor JW widows 'mites'
    • recent property sales in Brooklyn financing other payouts?

Nobody can complain about the authenticity of the court documents.

An article like this might also generate a few more CD sales for Barbara.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

How about the psychological damage that children raised in this cult endure?

not being allowed to date, forbidden from playing school sports, the discouragement of careers and higher education, just simply not being allowed to be "normal" kids with "normal" dreams and goals. This part did a doozy on me.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

deaconz,

After a general introduction, I would stick to one theme.

Shunning and the dreadful affects it has on families and individuals. The suicides that it leads to, the misery and depression often inflicted upon people who merely disagree with doctrine that they once accepted.

Few people understand that the gentle, smiling JW's who come to their door will shun their grandchildren for decades if they are told to by the Watchtower.

Get some real expereinces from this Board with individuals who will divulge their names. Good reportage starts with unimpeachable fact.

Best regards - HS

• yesidid
    yesidid

Shunning and the dreadful affects it has on families and individuals. The suicides that it leads to, the misery and depression often inflicted upon people who merely disagree with doctrine that they once accepted.

Few people understand that the gentle, smiling JW's who come to their door will shun their grandchildren for decades if they are told to by the Watchtower.

Get some real expereinces from this Board with individuals who will divulge their names. Good reportage starts with unimpeachable fact.

Must agree with HS. Also I keep on thinking,the things which impressed nearly all ex-Witnesses about Ray Franz's books were the lack of anger and bitterness. He just stated the facts.

The facts most humans can relate to are those of family loss. WT hierarchy undoubtedly break up families due to their inhumane disfellowshipping policy. How to put that across without bitterness or anger needs a writer of your calibre.

Whatever you do I am sure will be great. We are all looking forward to your literary efforts on behalf of the poor innocents.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The emperor's new clothes the 'invisible' 1914 second coming of Jesus should get a mention http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/136743/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit