BIG NEWS!

by deaconbluez 78 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

As Worldtraveler said use topics other media can jump on the bandwagon with.

Then give them some sources, for those that prefer books COC, Then for those that use electronic media, web address as this one and Freeminds.

Education and Research ban by JWs quote from recent KM on research using the web.

I the one mentioned above in the Awake from 69

Then there's the Feb KM insert Father is telling son that by the time he would get out of college that this system may have ended, he would have accomplished nothing, and he'd probably even lose his life.

How they try to corerse minor children in need of a blood transfusion to refuse one. Possibly causing the child's death.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi:

I agree with "changeling" suggestion : "I think if more people knew the Society's negative view of higher education and this new "ban" on independant research it would go a long way in showing people that JW's are a dangerous mind control group."

This should be included in your article.

Please let us see the article once published.

Ronin 1

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do something that will scare the shit out of the WBT$..And..Provide the general public information about the Real WBT$.....WBTs owns 50% of the Rand Cam Engine Corp..Rand Cam doe`s business with the Military.....WBT$ recieves profits from The Henreita Trust Fund.Stocks includes,Tobbacco Giant "Phillip Morriss".....The WBT$ just paid out millions in a Pedophile Scandel..And..Slapped all the Victims who won,with a Gag Order........Public Appearance is everything to the WBT$..Show the Public,who the WBT$ really is...OUTLAW

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hell, db only has 2500 words..... what is that about 5 typewritten pages...i dont know how many column inches.... lol

snakes ()

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

the gag order pedophile settlement ought to at least get referred to, along with some of the latest blood issue scandals.

• Erace
    Erace

I think you should focus it in 2 different ways. First, scare the public with the crazy beliefs on education, blood, shunning, etc, but as we all know, ANY witness that reads about this will have their brain washed cranium kick in and discard all of that. I know all the programed answers, such as df'd is showing love, etc. The second part, I would focus on some of the unbelievable teachings that 99% of the witnesses have no idea about. I was a witness from birth to age 22ish and I wish so much that I would have read about pyramid measurements supporting their dates, God living on some star or knowing that Russel was either a mason or just really liked them a lot (does it really matter which?). If I would have known this, it would have made my 5 year transition that included so much fear and guilt so much easier. Also, the fact that when they REPRINT a book or magazine for a second time, they change it to the new understanding and/or lie about what they believed or taught in the first place! TODAY'S WITNESSES DO NOT KNOW THIS CRAP! Good luck!

• choosing life
    choosing life

It might be good to point out the clean, respectable image of the jws that most have come to know when they are visited at their door by jws. Start the article out about their positive image. Then ask if the reader knows about the hidden side of jws such as the recent pedophile lawsuits and the gag order and the 2 witness rule they insist upon to take child abuse seriously.

Then, as time allows, you could write about how they discourage college education for their youths and possibly the inconsistencies of the jws using the blood banks, but being banned from donating.

Whatever you decide, please let us know how it goes and let us see the finished product.

• llbh
    llbh

I Agree with changeling and most of the above. Keep it simple, things like eduction and gagging orders should attract attention. Focusing on things like families trickis as they always say they are pro. . Can you post it in this site?

regards llbh

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Thanks a bunch you guys! Yes, I will definately post a scan of the finished product. You guys have given me a lot to think about. My inclination was to focus on the Watchtower's record as a false prophet. I agree that focusing on that might make the reader less inclined to continue reading, especially if it gets into interpretation and such.

UN is a non-issue in my opinion. Pedophiles...that could get nasty, and I don't of a way to back something like this up with a source: "Jehovah's Witnesses are urged to not report pedophiles to the police. Yet, when they report them to their congregation elders, they are told that there has to be 2 or more witnesses to the incident. At this point, if the Witness goes to the authorities, they will be disfellowshipped for doing so." From what I have gathered, all of that is true. But it is hard to show confirmation through sources and such.

Again thank you for the suggestions, and you guys will be pleased to see them in use with the finished product.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Make sure that every thing that you write can be verified, is not exagerrated, or not sound too onesided. To be factual, trying to be unbiased and fair will give the best impact. A few sentences praising the good aspects of the witnesses might even be good, nothing in the world is totally black and white... Witnesses would very easily jump at the article, of the wording is incorrect, or that things are takenout of proportions. Stating that college is illegal, would be an untruth, since most likely they will know someone who is in college, or even non-Jw readers would know some. Then they might doubt the whole article as being the writing of a disgruntled, bitter ex member... Stating that it is discouraged, might back it up with statistics showing that the JWs have th lowest amount of college graduated among its adherents its mightsubstantiate the results of that policy... Also, it might be good to differentiate between the policies of the Watchtower society and Jws as such. Many individual witnesses are good, decent people, but at times act inhumanly (e.g. shunning) due to policies enfored by the Watchtower society. Just my thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit