BIG NEWS!

by deaconbluez 78 Replies latest jw friends

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

I have been approved to write the cover story for local newspaper about Jehovah's Witnesses. It can't be any more than 2,500 words. This newspaper has a HUGE reader-base. What would you guys suggest me focusing the writing about? I hope this will help many others see the truth about this dangerous cult.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I am sure you will do the article justice and all of your fellow JWDers proud.

The pedophile issue.....the shunning issue.... the fact that people arent told about either when they study..... I guess it needs to be balanced or it drifts into editorial...which is not front page fodder...

Am looking forward to seeing this.... in whatever final form it takes...

Snakes ()

What part of AL? I forget if you said.... my folks are moving to south alabama end of this year....

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

"Householders beware of the mind controlling JW's that come to your door!"

• changeling
    changeling

I think if more people knew the Society's negative view of higher education and this new "ban" on independant research it would go a long way in showing people that JW's are a dangerous mind control group.

changeling

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

YES the two that Snakes mentioned... and don't forget the obvious, the blood issue... but tell them the things they haven't heard before, like how many times the blood RULES have CHANGED in the past several years! How now blood fractions are okay, now organ transplants are okay, (all recent changes) while even vaccinations were forbidden 50 or so years ago!!!!

Good luck!

Cheers,
    Baba

• yknot
    yknot

By focusing on the control aspect you can touch on all the bases! Without the control the pedos, shunning, blood ban, requirements to leave the organization, flip flopping etc etc would not exist if not for their control issues.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I think your best bet would be to go w/ the issues you've already addressed w/ the WTS. Talk about them being false prophets and how they have manipulated many versus of the BIble to fit their teachings. You could also add the issues of pedophilia and how they condemn the Catholic Church for it, showing their latest tract, yet they settle out of court w/ the same issues.

Are you going to post your article here when it is finished? I would like to see a link from the newspaper. Maybe you could add some charts and graphs, like Wiki does, on their "end of the world" prophesies.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I'd try to cover as many topics as possible. It's no good using the space alloted for say, the UN issue. Many JWs will already be satisfied with the library card response, and non believers won't see the big deal - at least not in the way we see it. You could mention they have done many questionable things during their history, such as (then give the list). If one thing sticks out for someone, they'll most likely research it.

I'd also cover any standard defenses JWs may give to anyone who speaks to them about the article. 'They may very well see this article as persecution, and this is because they confuse it with critisism. Critisism is not persecution. They critisise other religions openly, so for them to view this piece as misguided or attacking and to be offended by it essentially makes them hypocrites.'

'Whenever someone writes a positive article on their faith, they hold it up as proof that God is with them and is helping others to see the light. Whenever a negative article is written, they hold it up as proof that Satan has influence over the world, and that the 'persecution' they are enduring fulfills prophecy. Either way, whatever people write about them, it usually only solidifies what they believe. For this to change, they would have to research the reasons why people do not think their beliefs are correct. Unfortunately, they have instilled in them a fear of all things that could rock their faith, and this fear is so strong that they refuse to look into anything that could expose their 'truth' as the lies they really are.'

Well, that's what I'd write, I went on a bit then!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I think that you shouldn't go into doctrine - people talking about bible interpretations always sound crazy. Maybe just point out some crazy things.

Edit constantly any anger or bitterness - get a few opinions on it.

• changeling
    changeling

I would keep it simple and focused. If you try to cover too much you will lose their attention and dilute your message. Don't get too deep or doctrinal, either that would be a turn off to the average reader.

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit