IMPORTANT: JWS and the CHARITIES COMMISSION

by Dansk 101 Replies latest jw friends

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I got this from the Charities Commission earlier today

Our Ref.: ND/1077961/ G644721/LCD

Dear Mr Spencer

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain (1077961)

Thank you for your e-mail about the above charity. I am currently considering the issues you have raised and will be in a position to respond substantively to you shortly.

Please contact me if you have any further questions. Please also note the above reference number for your records.

With kind regards

Nick Donaldson

Senior Liaison Officer
    Large Charities Division

So they are looking into the issues I raised. I will post any further replies
    when I get them

• alamb
    alamb

Just sent in my complaint along with the documentation I sent to Moscow that got them banned for destroying families.

Hope it helps.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I received a similar e mail to Trevor (dedpoet) No doubt it was standard acknowledgement but it made me think - "Ooh er what have I done?"

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well done, a lamb!

BB, if we can get the commission to take us seriously and delve deeper into the workings of Watchtower we will all have done a great job.

Ian

• happehanna
    happehanna

bttt

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Danske just picked up your thread I will look up the your legal citings. I do agree it as a possible way in to hurt them financially but as your discovring tricky. All trusts are basically tax dodges with varying degrees of altruism underpinning them. Relgions are supposed to be altruistic Q.E.D trust status usually guaanteed. Post me if I seem slow I will look at your info over the weekend. Should be fun

regards llbh

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

bttt

• Mary
    Mary
    Shouldn't the Charities Commission be made aware that during catastrohies and disasters, instead of people donating to specific disasters the Watchtower instructs its members to donate ONLY to the World Wide Work Fund therefore putting money only where it wants to....possibly its own bank account! Does anyone have the Watchtower or Kingdom Ministry quotes / references for this and does anyone have hard copies to prove this?

I'll look it up when I get home tonight.

This is an excellent idea Ian and I take my hat off to you for spearheading this. My own opinion is that it might be more beneficial to target the idea that the WTS provides virtually nothing "charitable" to the community. Knocking on doors trying to convince people to join your religion does not equal "charity". Another good point to consider is that, not only does the WTS not perform charitable works, it actually discourages the R&F from either performing charitable works, or giving to charities. There are plenty of quotes in their literature that supports this statement and I'll post this also when I get home tonight.

I think that might get the Charities Commission's attention faster than by the 'false doctrines' approach.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well done, ((((((((Mary)))))))).

My own opinion is that it might be more beneficial to target the idea that the WTS provides virtually nothing "charitable" to the community.

And your opinion is absolutely valid! What we have to do is prove it to the commission.

Love,

Ian

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I also received that response. I will say this, I'd fly to London and testify if I felt that it could help stop giving them more channels to get money. Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit