IMPORTANT: JWS and the CHARITIES COMMISSION

by Dansk 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I wonder what the charities commission would think of the Watchtower publication pictures that show churches being destroyed and innocent people being destroyed, (including children, cats and dogs!) when God imminently destroys everyone except for Jehovah's Witnesses?

Would they consider that as a charitable way to treat the general public?

• Clam
    Clam

Article on this subject. Oldie but Goodie. http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general306.html

Makes an odd point that members of this cult (JWs) have been excommunicated (DFd) for giving money to the Red Cross. Surely not?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

E mail duly sent ....thank you Dansk for starting this rolling. It is a thought that I have had from time to time but done nothing about it.

I spoke of the need for a charity to demonstrate a 'public benefit' in order to qualify as a charity. I then described the extreme views of the dubs re, other religions, Babylon the Great , the coming slaughter at Armageddon and intolerance of homosexuality, and threw in "shunning" for good measure.

Other groups have had the charitable status removed or denied...why not them? Am I not right in saying that it happened to them in France some years back...

Well done Ian...hope you are feeling OK ....

• moshe
    moshe

I posted this idea on another thread- call up the KH's and ask them to support a food drive for a food pantry- you want to put a container at the KH for a canned food drive to benefit a local food bank. Make a record of the KH and elder you spoke to with the results. A written request could also be sent to the KH. I am sure the response will be a 100% 'NO", we will not help obtain donations of food items for a local food pantry, but we will send our down-and-out brothers to you for free hand outs!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks for everyone's support thus far, but more is needed. A lot more! We need to bombard the Charities Commission with our complaints. They WILL take us seriously. All e-mails will receive replies.

Let's nail the Watchtower once and for all.

Ian

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am also astonished that they managed to dupe the governments of several countries into registering them as a charity when from their behaviour we see that they don't have a clue as to what a charity is. Yet it is not just their legal but also their religious duty, since they claim they are Christians (which they obviously aren't), to provide some charitable work.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

bttt

• Dansk
    Dansk

When I was a JW I remember an elder telling me that we cannot get involved in a certain charity (can't remember it's name now) because it was affiliated to the UN. To do so and be involved with the UN meant a reproof or disfellowshipping. Absolute hypocrisy (because we all know of the JWs ten-year involvement re the library card issue) - but does the Charities Commission realise that Watchtower forbade helping a children's charity?! Therefore, how can Watchtower be a Christian or charitable organisation?!

C'mon guys, get writing those e-mails. It'll take two minutes of your time but will do immense damage to Watchtower. The French realised what Watchtower was up to and made it pay taxes. WE can make it do the same. Once that happens it's in deep trouble. Wouldn't mind betting there'd be a knock-on effect in other countries. So, wherever you live in the world, please start sending those e-mails!

Thank you BluesBrother, I'm feeling much better.

Ian

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've sent my e-mail. I made special mention of the fact that the WT discourages it members from giving to charities such as the Red Cross. That should make the most apathetic reader take notice.

Sylvia

• Dansk
    Dansk

((((((((((Sylvia))))))))))

Thanks!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit