IMPORTANT: JWS and the CHARITIES COMMISSION

by Dansk 101 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

Perhaps the Charities Commision also needs to be sent the article (or was it a tract?) about 'Theocratic Warfare'.

I don't have one, but it seems important to me that they are made aware of the fact that the JW's WILL lie to them if they consider that the CC 'doesn't need to know'.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I had a reply from the Charity Commission this morning acknowledging their
    receipt of my email and informing me that they have passed my information
    on to the relevant department, who will contact me within 15 working days,
    so we'll see what happens, and I'll keep you all posted.

Trev

• Gill
    Gill

Shouldn't the Charities Commission be made aware that during catastrohies and disasters, instead of people donating to specific disasters the Watchtower instructs its members to donate ONLY to the World Wide Work Fund therefore putting money only where it wants to....possibly its own bank account!

Does anyone have the Watchtower or Kingdom Ministry quotes / references for this and does anyone have hard copies to prove this?

• happehanna
    happehanna

I have just sent my email

every little must help JW's are just not a charity!

As individuals some are charitable but as an organization far from it!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Gill wrote

Shouldn't the Charities Commission be made aware that during catastrohies and disasters, instead of people donating to specific disasters the Watchtower instructs its members to donate ONLY to the World Wide Work Fund therefore putting money only where it wants to....possibly its own bank account

I included that information in my email Gill.

Being a former accounts servant, I remember how the money was used,
    and how it wasn't used, so I made the Charity Commission aware of it.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well done, Hanna and Trev!

Watchtower literature in the hands of the commission will actually help us with our case. I no longer have access to such literature (the thought of having it in my house makes me want to ). However, those with a stronger stomach than I may wish to send it in to the commission to back up our case of Watchtower looking after its own interests rather than being charitable. Some charity, eh, that tells the public that it, its children and its places of worship are all going to be destroyed by Jehovah and only his witnesses will survive.

Surely it should give the commission food for thought if it knew that anyone who really performed charitible acts, in Watchtower's eyes, would still be destroyed because they weren't a Jehovah's Witness! And how can protecting known paedophiles who are still able to prey on children be charitible?

Ian

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Ian,

I see from this thread, posted by Gill earlier, that the org is holding out
    the begging bowl once more.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/143814/1.ashx

Like you, we don't allow any watchtower tripe in this house, but it would
    be good if someone who is able to obtain a copy dould send it to the
    Charities Commission, or at least email a scan of the article to them.

I haven't read the whole article, neither would I wish to, but I very much
    doubt that there is anything in it about giving money to any other "charity"
    than the watchtower.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Why limit it to ex witnesses?

Post on some gay and lesbian rights sites with the angle of homosexuals being expelled from the organization
    Post on some women's rights forums about the discrimination of women in positions of leadership
    Post on other religious sites that actually do charitable works.

The point is, why bother fighting alone when you can drum up so much support from outside the ex-witness community?

Making alliances with powerful movements should be more important than trying to rally the apostates together in my opinion.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I just wrote them too.

Isaac

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

This is a great idea!

Another thought occured to me. It is World Mental Health Day tomorrow. I am sure there is an article discouraging JWs from seeking counselling and support from mental health services.

Anyone else remember that??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit