Who Would You Like To See As The Next President Of The USA?

by minimus 85 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Even if they aren't running, who would you like to see as the next President??

• snowbird
    snowbird

My governor.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Arnold. But he can't.

Jeff

• journey-on
    journey-on

Too early to tell for me. Right this moment I'm leaning toward McCain with Gulianni a close second.

• minimus
    minimus

Too bad there are no more moderates out there.

• JeffT
  • Gopher
    Gopher

John Edwards. He has the best "substance" to his proposals. Obama is still too vague for me. I know the Republicans would love to see Hillary be the nominee, so they could rally their "anybody but that woman" voters.

Too many Dems don't get that Edwards is the best-qualified candidate. They're going for the Clinton name factor.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bob Riley, our governor, who is a Republican, has bridged so many gaps during his two-terms in office. If he ran for the presidency, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. I usually vote the straight Democrat ticket, but the past election, I crossed over and voted for him. The man simply believes in doing what's right.

Sylvia

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I still don't vote. Mainly because I don't know enough about the candidates to know who to vote for and even if I did, that's no guarantee whoever we vote for will be ideal. Look at Bush, more than 1/2 the people who voted for him, are not happy with him. In that case, I'm glad I didn't vote.

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I still don't vote. Mainly because I don't know enough about the candidates to know who to vote for and even if I did, that's no guarantee whoever we vote for will be ideal. Look at Bush, more than 1/2 the people who voted for him, are not happy with him. In that case, I'm glad I didn't vote

Linda, I'd encourage you to learn as much as you can, pay attention to the positions the candidates are taking and how they react to the questions thrown at them during the campaign.

No president will ever be "ideal", even the best ones have had ideas that needed to be reigned in by Congress or the court. What we need is the American people to pay attention and evaluate who is likely to perform the best if elected.

I've been voting since '02. I voted against Bush in 2004, because it seemed that he had a radical agenda that was out of line with traditional conservatism. (I'm politically moderate-to-liberal, but will vote for reasonable conservatives if they seem to be good leaders.)

Voting is a great exercise in freedom, and I like doing it even if I'm not totally satisfied with who's on the ballot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit