Are you a good person? Take the Bible challenge.

by jesusisgod 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• parakeet
    parakeet

jesusisgod wrote: "Are you judging me? You disagree with what I have said, which is fine, we can agree to disagree. Don't know presume to know my own heart, only God knows that friend. Next, Uriah Heep in the book had a quest for power, weath and the hand of Agnes, daughter of Mr. Wickfield. He ruined lives and in the end gets justice. Good book. ...
    I have a book for you to look into, its called Pilgrams Progress. Its a classic."

As for your question about judging you -- you came to this forum to proclaim your beliefs as the "Truth" and insult those who disagree by using such terms as "lost" and needing to be "warned." You came here to judge us with your "good person Bible challenge," so you have no reason to resent being judged yourself.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Find out if you are going to hell.

BTW, my father used to say no one is more sanctimonious than a reformed sinner.

http://www.hotlanta.com/helltest.htm

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My sincerest apologies if this has already been asked of you within this thread...

but didn't your God Jesus say that not even he was good? ( Mark 10:18)

What the hell is the point of your stupid question?

Go read your Bible, friend.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I read "Pilgrim's Progress" in college. It is a classic. So is "The Devil's Dictionary" by Ambrose Bierce -- a much more interesting and thought-provoking book than Pilgrim's Progress, which was originally written for children. Maybe it's time for you to grow up and think like an adult instead of a stubborn child.

As for your question about judging you -- you came to this forum to proclaim your beliefs as the "Truth" and insult those who disagree by using such terms as "lost" and needing to be "warned." You came here to judge us with your "good person Bible challenge," so you have no reason to resent being judged yourself

• Twitch
    Twitch

I don't need a collection of ancient texts to determine my self worth. It's reflected in the people around me and what I see in the mirror.

Thanks anyways.

• 5go
    5go

Every time I become a good Christian, the Muslims say I am going to hell!

Every time I become a good Muslim, the Hindus say I am going to hell!

Every time I become a good Hindu, the Pagans say I am going to hell!

Every time I become a good Pagan, the Christians say I am going to hell!

Every time I become a good Atheist, the everybody says I am going to hell!

All you faith types and go to your enemies faith's hell then!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Rabbit,

I guess your mind is made up already. I would disagree though.

Nope, my mind used to be 'made up', as a JW, now I'm happily able to say I'm agnostic. I don't know.

If it hadnt been A&E it would have been Jack & Jill who would have eaten. I mean you can makeup whatever hypothesis or alternative solution. Would God not have known best? God being omniscient, knowing the future also before it happens, did He somehow not know what is best?

So-o...your god knew whatever mom & pop couple He created...would fail. He would also know, He would condemn all of their descendants to imperfection, disease, famine, war, death... Hmmm....the Almighty All-knowing God of Love knew he'd get a front row seat... watching almost all living things gasp for air, terrified, as they drowned in Noah's day. Why kill innocent people and animals ? Being All-Powerful...can't He execute babies, moms & dads... selectively ? He knew mankind would screw up again...and He'd get have another BIG bloodletting party after the 2nd coming of Jesus.

What a guy ! Well, Father knows best, eh ?? I'll bet...like faithful JW's...you just can't wait for the slaughter to begin.

And why do you think its a lie that A&E dying in that day they ate the forbidden fruit? Why do you call it a lie? Because you don't believe it or they didn't age then die? Also tell me why you think they didn't know about death coming to all their descendants? Are you assuming this or are you reading a passage of the Bible?

It's a lie, because, they lived on for hundreds of years. Apparently, your god likes to slaughter a lot of people at once, so he has to build up the population first.

I'm not assuming any such thing. Gen. 2:17 clearly states that Adam "...in that day would die...". That day & only Adam. So, what are you assuming ?

Rabbit

Btw, are you or have you ever been a JW ?

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

Parakeet,

You judged me again, saying I am judging everyone by this post. I did this post so others can judge themselves to see if they are good or not good.

Terms like "lost" or "warned" are terms used in the Bible.

Luke 19:10 "the Son came to seek and save the lost"

Galatians 5:21 "...I warn you, as I warned you before that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God..." God warned Noah of judgment on the world? Why because God loved Noah. Noah in turn warned others. The apostles warned others out of love, Paul wished he could be damned if it meant the jews who weren't saved, could be saved. Their motive was love.

So if these terms offend you, I don't apologize for it, its God's word.

• parakeet
    parakeet

jesusisgod wrote: "Parakeet, You judged me again, saying I am judging everyone by this post. I did this post so others can judge themselves to see if they are good or not good. Terms like "lost" or "warned" are terms used in the Bible. .... So if these terms offend you, I don't apologize for it, its God's word."

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

nvrgnbk,

Did Jesus say he wasn't good? Does he say 'Why do you call me good because I am not, for only God is good." No.

Mark 10:18 "Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone."

First what is the context? First figure out the who, what, when where, how. Who is Jesus speaking to? What do we know about the man who came to Jesus? Etc, etc.

Jesus says in effect, you are not conceiving of goodness in an adequate way when you so lightly address me as Good Teacher. If you wish to contemplate goodness, you should think of God who alone is good and of the keeping of his commandments. Jesus' concern is not to glorify himself but God. Its not to give any instruction concerning his own person whatsoever, but to indicate the published will of God as the sole and perfect prescription for the pleasing of God. Christ wants the questioner to realize: Do not lightly, that is, without knowing to whom you are speaking-- ascribe to me that which pertains alone to God." Jesus intimates that the thoughtless use of the word "good" in addressing one whom he regards as a merely human teacher, is an index of his (the rulers) superfical view of goodness. The questioner didn't know Jesus, didn't know who He really was, if he had known whom Jesus was and known and believed He was good in the truest sense then he would have listened to Jesus and obeyed the command He gave him.

Robin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit