Are you a good person? Take the Bible challenge.

by jesusisgod 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lease
    Lease

Robin,

there is a lot of judging and testing in your perspective. very unhealthy, emotionally and spiritually. righteousness and goodness are very different. to be righteous would be to follow rules. to be good, transcends rules.

lease

• Lease
    Lease

oops, i meant to say JIG.

lease

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

Rabbit,

I've never been a JW. I have met a good number of them and invited them in for a chat. All of the ones I've met lied to me. One tried to take my NWT by pulling it out of my hands by force. Also there is a Kingdom hall just up the road from me, I hope I can setup a debate one day there. Do you think they would allow me to debate their pastor (or whatever they call them)?

Gen 2:17 A&E did die spiritually that day and all his offspring are born spiritually dead also. This is why we need to be spiritually made alive or born again. Nicodemus thought to himself, "how can a man be born from his mother's womb a second time?" No one can be born physically a second time. We must be spiritually made alive through the Holy Spirit, please read John 3.

I don't get enjoyment or happiness thinking about people who will be facing God one day with all their sins. I don't share that view with those JW's who you knew or know. I deserve God's judgment! I ask myself, "Why me? Why not someone else?" I am very grateful for my salvation which was a gift from God, it wasn't, nor could it be earned by me. I am greaved over those who reject Christ and will end up in hell. I have family who reject Christ, (this is very personal) but my own father who died showed he had no faith but taking his own life. Do I find pleasure in others facing God's wrath over sin? How can I when I am no better then anyone else! If I thought I was better then anyone I would show myself to be blind not knowing the scriptures.

God knew everything before it even happened. Did God create sin? No. He created the potential for it by giving A&E free will. We to are given free will. When we sin its a choice we make. If we didn't have free will then chosing to do good or bad wouldnt exist. I chose to sin all of my life and thanks to God for His salvation and changing my heart. He does the same for all who would believe and repent. God's plan of forgiveness and salvation was also from the beginning (Gen 3:15). So there always was a way of escape. Those in the OT who looked ahead to God's promise and now Christians today who look back to the cross, all were and are saved by grace, not by works. But again who is innocent, you keep saying this, "innocent people" who is truly innocent? When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah God wouldnt have destroyed the city if there were 10 righteous people, remember? Did He destroy the city after the angels pulled out Lot and his family? Of course. No one is righteous, no one is good, no not one (Rom 3:10). God is therefore just if and when He judges. Also have you thought about this? Since God is just and we have all rebelled in sin against Him why has He allowed us to live this long? Why hasn't to destroyed the world who is in rebellion against Him? What's taking Him so long? Supreme patience! For He is not willing for you to perish but for you to come to repentence. There is a lot of people who are going to stand before God on judgment day who God gave chance after chance after chance to repent, to know Him truly and to receive forgiveness. There will be no excuse because God showed patience. Does God have to show patience? No, He has that right, for we are all guilty of sin deserving hell, except when under the blood of Christ.

Robin

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

lease,

Does God follow rules? Has someone laid rules down that He must follow? Yet He is the righteous one.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ain't no God to judge me, I am a good person not judged by a judgemental God of petty rules laid down by those who claim to speak for some easily offended tribal diety, that looks at all he made as sinful.

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

frankiespeak,

Out of curiosity. If there is no God who created all things do you then believe in evolution? Either God created all things with purpose in mind (or) Nothing produced something, none life produced life, simple life created complex life without purpose in mind.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jes's,

It is all too too human concepts my friend, primative and juvenial. It's all too black and white and very simplistic in nature, to believe in a up in the heavens "Sky Daddy" that has a very intolerant personality that is easily offended.

• wednesday
    wednesday

according to my hell test ( see my post above) I'm about average and should not go to hell. whew, i was worried for a moment.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Life to me my friend, is much too much confining when one has to look at it thru the eyes of an angry God, that needs to be worshiped with every breath you take.

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

wednesday,

If you knew the holiness of God you would see you deserve hell like the rest of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit