Are you a good person? Take the Bible challenge.

by jesusisgod 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eclipse
    eclipse

wednesday,

If you knew the holiness of God you would see you deserve hell like the rest of us.

Robin, Remember when Jesus sat and ate with Tax collectors and Prostitutes and Sinners? Did Jesus even once say: ''YOU ALL DESERVE TO GO TO HELL?'' The only people Jesus denounced were the pharisees and the money changers. Guess what? You're acting just like a pharisee. You have NO FORGIVENESS ON YOUR MIND. - Against the spirit of Jesus' teachings. You only POINT FINGERS AT EVERYONE including yourself. Again, Against the spirit of Jesus' teachings. STOP THINKING ABOUT HELL! and start appreciating that GOOD PEOPLE EXIST with GOOD hearts, and with PURE MOTIVES. You might actually start to crack a smile once in a while. What a concept! You seem like a really unbalanced and unhappy person, and I wonder if you have any friends... do you tell all your friends that they are going to hell, and that's why you cannot keep any?

If I were you, I'd either find something more positive to think about, and start looking for the good in others, instead of only looking for the bad. If you were my friend, I'd smack you upside the head and tell you to LIGHTEN up! -e
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Jesusisgod

That's the standard christian gospel. Kind of nice, at least compared to judaism. However, it's still based on the need to kill. That need comes from god, himself. A person could construe it as, god came to have himself killed for himself.

On the other hand, a selfless god, a god without an ego would not have had to go through those convolutions. He would not have judged adam and eve for seeking knowledge. Would he not have rejoiced at seeing them become as gods, or as god?

Concerning jesus, the gospel of john presents some problems as to his absolute truthfulness. Chapter seven has him saying that he will not go to the festival, but then, going secretly. He lied to his own family. Still absolutely good?

S

• eclipse
    eclipse

Satanus, I am not ''christian''.

But I do believe that the teachings of 'Jesus' are more about forgiveness of sinners,

than telling said sinners that they are going to burn in hell forever.

If you read my other posts, you would know that you're preaching to the choir to me about the bible and god

I completely agree with everything you stated.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Have you ever seen the pictures of aborted babies? They look just like little babies, little human beings.

Robin

What did the babies killed by the God of the Bible look like, Robin?

Like little human beings?

I'd like an answer to these questions, Robin.

Thank you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eclipse

I thought as much. I was addressing jesusisgod's last post. Was composing it while you posted yours. I edited it to show that.

Actually, i don't mind some of the stuff that the gospels have jesus saying, or the image that is portrayed. Not that i'm christian. iether.

S

• eclipse
    eclipse

Satanus thanks for the clarification.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Satanus (hope my non-Christian friends aren't ignoring me too lol!)

Something you just wrote made me think:

He would not have judged adam and eve for seeking knowledge.

Did he judge them, or did he merely hold them accountable for their actions? he'd warned them what would happen and they chose to ignore it. We don't judge our kids when they go against our instructions, but they know they have to take the consequences for their disobedience.

Maybe God would have at some later point let them take from the tree of knowledge? Maybe he knew they weren't ready for it at that time?

(My thoughts are theoretical - I'm not a Biblical literalist!)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Satan,

On the other hand, a selfless god, a god without an ego would not have had to go through those convolutions. He would not have judged adam and eve for seeking knowledge. Would he not have rejoiced at seeing them become as gods, or as god?

I think the Mythologic story of A&E the symbolism of a snake is more of a favorable one, than the commonly adoubted one among fundies as the devil or devil possessed snake. Eve is a fitting symbol of initiating the eating and encouraging her male counter part to eat it, because she represents womenkind in general, because out of woman's womb come all mankind. The serpents call to eat meant stepping out of darkness and ignorance, which would bring about an acuter awareness and the loss of paradise found in blissfull ignorance, or innocence. I think this may has come about soon after man started to settle down in villages after learning how to plants seed, and turned from the hunter/gather type of life to gathering in cities. Just MO.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sad emo

Here are the definitions for to judge:

#1 To form an opinion or estimation of after careful consideration: judge heights; judging character.

1. Law. To hear and decide on in a court of law; try: judge a case.
    2. Obsolete. To pass sentence on; condemn.
    3. To act as one appointed to decide the winners of: judge an essay contest.

#3 To determine or declare after consideration or deliberation.

http://www.answers.com/topic/judge-2?cat=biz-fin

It seems to me, that god did all of that. Theoretically, yes he could have let them eat, later. Again, if that were true, why the big penalty and suffering of humankind for milleniums, for them jumping the gun?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frankie

Yah, the gnostics went that route w their cosmic view.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit