Are you a good person? Take the Bible challenge.

by jesusisgod 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

Philip,

I apologize for not answering you I thought you were playing around with your indigestion remark. I am sorry.

When I received the H.S. it was a feeling of great forgiveness and the burden of a guilty conscience was lifted. If you get a chance to read a book called Pilgram's Progress it may just be a blessing to you. The writer was John Bunyan and its a classic.

But assurance for any person should soley come from God. The Bible does tell us to test ourselves to see whether we are in the faith. To examine ourselves to see if Jesus is truly with us. Feelings can go up and down, these are not to be trusted. What is to be trusted is the word of God. If you believe Jesus is the Son of God, not a created thing, but eternal, who has died for your sins and rose again, and you cried out ot God for forgiveness and then live for him each day, then find your assurance in the scriptures. "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God to those who believe in His name" John 1:12 The entire context of John 1:1-18 is about the WORD, the logos.

"If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved" Romans 10:9

Let the word of God give you assurance. God isnt willing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Robin

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Someone who knows what the bible REALLY says should make one of those little flash quiz's about this.

You know questions like- Would you sell your daughter for a sex slave? Would you rape your neighbours wife then kill him to cover it up? etc etc etc...

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

Parakeet,

I am more deserving of hell then you friend. I mean it. When I caught a glimpse of the holiness and justice of God, I realized my ignorance of of Him. Sin, my sin, is exceedingly wicked in God's eyes, yet His wrath against my sin fell on Messiah, and not on me. He was bruised for our iniquities (Isaiah 53). What do you say to someone who saved your life? Gratitute is a good word.

A man in a boat fishing next to a bridge sees the bridge is open, yet the gates are up and the light is green for go. Cars begin to drive off and nobody is stopping it. The fisherman heads to shore and up onto the bridge as fast as he can, in compassion he tries to stop the drivers and warn them of the danger. "Please stop your in danger the bridge is out" cries the fisherman. But some mock and spit on him, "We don't believe that stuff, look everyone else is driving on the bridge."

The fisherman continues on trying to reach one person who would listen, who would willingly stop and consider what he was saying. The fisherman's attitute to warn others was out of love and compassion.

This is an example of the attitude all genuine believers have for the lost, which I was one of them driving off the bridge. I thank God he had sent me a fisherman to warn me.

Robin

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Why is it, religious people lie,and are two face, and put on a front, and think they are better then everybody else. Some Preacher rape little children. I don't want to be with religions people! You sound like one of them, two face. This is what I feel about religion.

• Quentin
    Quentin

You do the best you can with what you've got...that's what makes you a "good person"...sin is subjective...one persons sin is anothers salvation...ask the Thugees of India, they'll tell you, just before they strangle you as a sacrifice to their goddess...yeah, their still around...

There is no wrath of god, no salvation of grace, Paul was an idiot...as a general rule people are dumber than dirt...what happens to them in their life they bring on themselves...

Now, go be happy...hope for your sake when the wheels come off and you fall through the floor someone real and tangiable will be their to help...it aint gonna be god...that my friend is phrophcy...

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

JiG, I'm sure you don't think ignorance is a good quality. Therefore, I look forward to hearing your answer to my previous question.

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

Exodus 23:19 mothers milk verse. This section is talking about Laws about the sabbath and festivals, not the giving of the law at mt. sinai

Exo 34:26- read context this isnt about the giving of the law, read entire chapter.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Exodus 34:1- The Lord said to Moses, "Chisel out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke

(God then gives a new set of rules...)

Exodus 34:27-28 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel."

...And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant- the Ten Commandments.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

IP_SEC - "We Are the Other People" Excellent! I'm going to have to remember that one!

Dave

• jesusisgod
    jesusisgod

Seretonin,

From this line of thinking about Exo 34 should we then add all the other laws mentioned there to the 10 Commandments? Who was rewriting the 10 Commandments? And who was writing the others laws that were different from the 10Commandments?

v11-26 Moses wrote the ceremonial and judical laws

v27 While God was rewriting the 10 Commandments on new tablets, compare Deut 10:1-4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit