Does God love you?

by nvrgnbk 96 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is there anything positive about God? Let's list them all--

I think that just about sums it up. He is a parasite that delights in creating losers and keeping them from ever breaking out of losing, no matter what they try--and torturing everyone else with their efforts to fit in. And to think that was what we were worshiping. That is what we dedicated our lives to. I think Satan would be better association.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Renee, my JW sister uses that same above illustration with me, and I've always asked her,

''DO YOU KILL YOUR CHILD WHEN THEY ARE BAD??''

I must say that if my child ripped open pregnant women, sold the poor into slavery, & denied justice to the oppressed, I would find him deserving of death.

That is like asking me if I think Hitler deserved the death penalty. Yes, he did.

And also to add to this, God plaged them with food shortages, locusts, and all sorts of things to try to punish them before destroying them. He warned for hundreds of years before actually doing it. There are only so many warnings you can issue before taking drastic measures.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I must of missed the scriptures where it said Adam and Eve ripped open pregnant women and did all sorts of dastardly deeds deserving of death.

I am not saying that some people do not deserve to die.

I am saying that god kills men for the simple reason that they are imperfect, as death is the only atonement for sin.

Jesus came to save, I get that, but why say that we need to be saved from death in the first place? Why let things get so bad?

Why create sin as a possibilty in the first place?

I dont want to debate, but these are the questions that plague me

and prevent me from believing in such an unfair god as the god of the bible.

I refuse to believe that the god of the bible is the one that made us.

If there is really a god, and we don't KNOW him from a hole in the wall, then that is more believable for me to accept.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Jesus came to save, I get that, but why say that we need to be saved from death in the first place? Why let things get so bad?

Why create sin as a possibilty in the first place?

What always struck me as insane was that, ok, God's perfect angels, who were in heaven with him, saw the fall of Adam and Eve, wanted to get laid so badly, they gave up their heavenly position, heaven must suck, right?

• eclipse
    eclipse

Earth is where it's at

I never want to go to heaven.

If I was to go to heaven and made a spirit being,

I would spend all of my time down here or exploring the physical universe.

Sorry to jack your thread, nvr

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Without God, the universe would be perfect by definition. In that circumstance, all people would be able to live their lives without interference; and have few obstacles to the goal of having a genuine and honest life. Most people would be happy, and wouldn't you like to be a part of that?

Yes, I would. That's why I soooo look forward to the fulfilment of Revelation chapter 20.

Sylvia

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

from reading the replies i get the impression that atheists can either be people who simply don't believe or who don't believe because of emotional baggage. they knew god and now are angry at him and 'forbid' themselves to believe.

are there several categories for atheists just like their are different types of christians, muslims,...?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Of course, He does. And if you knew Him, you would know that. And you would know that this is a completely moot question, for God IS love. You only ask the question... and the others only respond as they do... because you/they DON'T know God.

I ask you, how righteous is it to accuse and then sit in judgment of someone you do not know... based on allegations, accusations and accounts which you also do not know as to whether they are true or false? Can the excuse, "Well, it's written!" cover your error? Written by whom? At whose behest? Says who? It cannot.

You base your knowledge and understanding of God on "the Bible." Who commissioned "the Bible?" God? Certainly not! Why is it that you do not know this, yet you use it to stand in witness against Him? Were you there? Did you see what occurred? If someone were to write something about you, should I believe just because YOU say it is true?

You have brought on your accusations; I challenge them, and I bring to YOU the one witness who WAS there... who saw EVERYTHING... from "the founding of the world," until now. THAT One said that HE came "to bear witness to the TRUTH," and used his own life to do so. Yet, not one did he ever condemn; not one did he ever bring pain or punishment upon. He DID, however, rebuke the scribes for their FALSE writings ("Woe, to you... scribes!"). Yet, you based your knowledge on the writings of the scribes. How are you in the right?

You think yourselves "wise;" and yet you buy into one of the BIGGEST lies ever told: that the Bible is "the word of God" and everything in it is to believed. What a CRAFTY tactic! If you wanted to truly slander someone, wanted to turn people AWAY from him... would could be easier than writing ill things about Him, then saying that HE wrote himself?!! The Bible is NOT the word of God... and nowhere does it say it is. It DOES, however, say who/what the Word of God is, who it is we SHOULD listen to and follow... and who it is we should not.

Rather than continuing to be wise in your OWN eyes... I bid you to buy EYESALVE... so that your eyes can be OPENED and you can SEE what you do not. I also say to you, if you are so "righteous" in your positions... why not exercise the golden rule," and do to the Most Holy One of Israel what YOU would have others do unto YOU... were you falsely accused: rather than blindly follow what they were TOLD, you would want them to ask YOU and give YOU a chance to tell YOUR side.

You have NOT provided that same courtesy here. Hypocrites.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A buddy of mine has a tee shirt..It says:"Jesus loves you..Everyone else thinks your an Asshole!"..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I see your Jesus and raise you a Vishnu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit