Does God love you?

by nvrgnbk 96 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My most sincere thanks to all those that have shared their faith.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    Oh yeah, He does love us.

...But if you don't love him back, you're screwed.

• AGuest
    AGuest

• AGuest
    AGuest

Let's see:

A post is made saying that God does not love us... that He is mean and cruel and barbaric and unrighteous... and includes some pretty mean and slanderous stuff about Him... by people who don't know Him ('cause if they did, they wouldn't have said such things and they would know that He does, in fact, love us...).

While some respond that yes, sure, I THINK God loves us... not ONE of the so-called "christians" stepped up in His defense. Not ONE said, "Hey, wait a minute... you're making false accusations... and pretty bad ones at that..." Right? Not ONE?

Well, one did. ONE so-called christian not only said, of COURSE God loves you... and not, "I THINK He does,"... but also that the accusations were FALSE and UNFOUNDED.

And now the "christians" want to say that I am not "being christian." Hmmmm... let me think about that for a minute...

Okay, MY response to that is, well, maybe God loves you... but you CERTAINLY didn't step up and show your love for HIM. Which is what you ASSUREDLY would want someone to do for YOU... whether to claim to believe in God or NOT... if YOU were falsely accused. And that fact that you DIDN'T do what you would want "all men to do to YOU..." is hypocrisy.

The scribes and the Pharisees didn't LIKE being called hypocrites; yet, that didn't stop my Lord from calling them such.

"So, because I tell you the TRUTH... I am no longer your friend?"

I don't know which is worse: the false accusers... or the so-called "christians" who haven't the cahones to stand up and defend the Most Holy One of Israel... whether or not He asked you to. There is a word for standing up to set the record straight for someone you know and love: it's called LOYALTY. And it is something SORELY lacking in this world. My goodness, I know people who will stand silent if their own MOTHER was falsely accused... if they think speaking up will cause them the slightest bit of discomfort. They, too, are hypocrites... and cowards.

To the false accusers, I stand by my statements, unwaveringly. To the so-called christians, I refer YOU to the following scriptures and ask YOU... where is YOUR loyalty?

2 Samuel 22:26; Psalm 16:10; Psalm 37:28; Psalm 86:2...

Christ drove mere money-changers from the temple; can you imagine his response if someone stood out on the broadway, which is what this is, and began to malign God outright? Do you REALLY think he would have walked up to such person and said, "Awww, hush, now; I believe God loves you and me and so maybe you really shouldn't be saying such things." SERIOUSLY?!! Give me a break.

[Heavenly Father, JAH, Most High Sovereign of the Heavens and of the Earth, Creator of the Universe and God and Father of my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. It is your servant girl, and I come before you, through my Lord and before all of heaven and earth to ask for your holy spirit to be upon me, to grant me its fruit that is love... and long-suffering. Help me to guard my mouth AND my "tongue" that I do not speak and sin against you. Please... please... reveal to these people their error, for their sakes. Dearest Lord JAHESHUA, I ask that you do not hold this error against them, but forgive them and make it manifest to them so that they know what it is they have said and about whom. For how else will they know of what to repent? You yourself know that we are mere dust, and not even half of what should be accounted to us have you held against us. You are merciful and forgiving, just as you have learned from our Heavenly Father, and so I ask that you seek His face on behalf of your servant and beg His mercy if I have sinned against Him... or you. But you know me - you know my heart. You know that all I have "spoken" here is out of my love for Him... and my chagrin at the terrible and FALSE things said about Him. I know that you came to bear witness to the truth and that YOUR works should have been sufficient for these to know the qualities of the One who sent you to do HIS will. Your works were and are FULL of love and compassion, kindness and mercy, goodness and mildness; yet, how they claim to "see" you... and yet accuse the Father as they do... is inexcsable. Their accusations show, however, that they do NOT know you... for if they knew YOU... they would know the Father. I am your servant, and nothing more. You know that I do not claim to be special or superior to any, but servant to all, by means of your love for them. I know that YOU know this... and it is why I follow you, constantly, because of YOUR love me... in spite of me and my error. And so now, dear Lord, I ask you to once again let me take my leave of this "City", for a time if not longer if it is your will, so that I do not fail you and let my flesh cause my spirit to sin. I ask that you approach the Father on behalf of your servant girl, and make this humble request for me. Yet, I ask not that my will take place, but yours... and our dear Father's. I am your servant, to time indefinite... ]

SA, a slave of Christ... and SET AFLAME by the Spirit

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You just lost me there, AGuest.

I wont allow your delusion to close my mind.

I am open to reality, whatever form it takes.

The post, by the way, was not in my own words.

But it did help to create a discussion.

We all learn from one another.

Not all of us are as favored as you are to be able to speak with God Himself.

Thanks

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    am open to reality, whatever form it takes

This is a great approach to God! When it decides to make it a reality then I will believe.....oh and feel the love.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    .....oh and feel the love.

That's really what it's all about, kerj.

We're not here long.

We need to carry each other.

One.

• lalliv01
    lalliv01
    ...But if you don't love him back, you're screwed

Reads like a Jay Leno punchline, funny. lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

The scribes and the Pharisees didn't LIKE being called hypocrites; yet, that didn't stop my Lord from calling them such.

I don't know which is worse: the false accusers... or the so-called "christians" who haven't the cahones to stand up and defend the Most Holy One of Israel... whether or not He asked you to.

As Elihu did in the Book of Job, until now, I have respectfully refrained from involving myself in this discussion. Now is the time to speak. This thread is about an article someone other than a poster on JWD wrote. It was presented for anyone who wished to discuss its merits.

The writer of this article used excerpts from the Holy Scriptures to attempt to prove his assumption that God neither loves us nor is worthy of our worship. I was not offended by this nor did I feel the need to come to God's defense. The record in the Bible is there for all to read and draw their own conclusions.

1 Peter 3:15 says that if we have to make a defense of our hope, it should be done with a mild spirit and deep respect. No mention is made of having the cajones to stand up and defend the Most Holy One of Israel. It is our hope we should stand at the ready to defend.

There is no need to resort to name-calling, insults, or any such tactics in defending this hope. It saddens me to see two fine persons as yourself and Eclipse engage in such behavior. May the Holy One of Israel bless and keep us all. Amen.

Sylvia

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Let's see:

A post is made saying that God does not love us... that He is mean and cruel and barbaric and unrighteous... and includes some pretty mean and slanderous stuff about Him... by people who don't know Him ('cause if they did, they wouldn't have said such things and they would know that He does, in fact, love us...).

While some respond that yes, sure, I THINK God loves us... not ONE of the so-called "christians" stepped up in His defense. Not ONE said, "Hey, wait a minute... you're making false accusations... and pretty bad ones at that..." Right? Not ONE?

Well, one did. ONE so-called christian not only said, of COURSE God loves you... and not, "I THINK He does,"... but also that the accusations were FALSE and UNFOUNDED.

And now the "christians" want to say that I am not "being christian." Hmmmm... let me think about that for a minute...

Okay, MY response to that is, well, maybe God loves you... but you CERTAINLY didn't step up and show your love for HIM. Which is what you ASSUREDLY would want someone to do for YOU... whether to claim to believe in God or NOT... if YOU were falsely accused. And that fact that you DIDN'T do what you would want "all men to do to YOU..." is hypocrisy.

I don't know which is worse: the false accusers... or the so-called "christians" who haven't the cahones to stand up and defend the Most Holy One of Israel... whether or not He asked you to. There is a word for standing up to set the record straight for someone you know and love: it's called LOYALTY. And it is something SORELY lacking in this world. My goodness, I know people who will stand silent if their own MOTHER was falsely accused... if they think speaking up will cause them the slightest bit of discomfort. They, too, are hypocrites... and cowards.

The original post that started this thread was posted to stimulate a discussion and to collate ideas from the myriad views that exsist on this forum.

The poster was only the messenger.

Whilst the majority of your message may have included Christian content, your delivery of it was not "Christian", it was brutal - and as such is inline with the Watchtower's style of evangelism.

Whilst many here (including me) believe that Chritisianity is true (for the limited view of the cosmos that we have been conditioned to accept), there are many that have been hurt by an organistion spreading dogma under the guise of Christianity and consequently many are suspicious of it...

The simple equation is the Watchtower=God and the Watchtower treated people badly, so therefore God treated them badly !!!

Some understanding of that situation wouldn't go amiss !

Your delivery contained dogma and arrogance, compounded by the fact that even your latest post is still tainted with it !

I don't know which is worse: the false accusers... or the so-called "christians" who haven't the cahones to stand up and defend the Most Holy One of Israel...

"So-called Christians" !! Who are YOU to judge. You are not the only person that feels that they have had a personal revelation, but you lord your's over people (maybe unintentionally).

I would think that you would have better things to do with your gift of prophecy than that !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit