Does God love you?

by nvrgnbk 96 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A Guest- why do you continue to use the bible to try to validate your viewpoint when you've stated repeatedly that it isn't god's word? If they are just human ramblings, than the words carry no real meaning, including everything that's written about Jesus.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    Does God love you?

Yes he does, but I knew he'd crossed the line when he started fondling my private parts

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Aguest/Shelby..You did`nt pop my eardrums girl..LOL!!.. You helped me understand a point you were trying to make..You did a good job..Thanks...OUTLAW

• eclipse
    eclipse
    you've been here all of what... 3 months? You really should read more...

Just because I have been posting that long, does not mean that I have only been here that long.

So you have been here since 01. I'm sorry, I did not realize that made you more knowledgable or special.

I serve NO gods and NO ONE.

I am not heartless, and I think you're the hypocrite if you say the bible is not from god, yet you keep quoting from it like it is.

I do not claim to be a christian or to be anything better than anyone else.

I do not claim to know what god is. I can only go by the BIBLE. If there is another source, you have not revealed it.

And voices in your head do not count because that voice is not audible to anyone else. Therefore it only applies to you.

and if Jesus words were not in the BIBLE, then where would you get his teachings from?

I respect Jesus's teachings. I just dont see him in our present day. He is not walking around. He is not in the clouds.

I have seen more evidence of aliens than I have of Jesus.

Your assumptions about me are completely off, but that is not surprising.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I use the Bible from time to time, dear KS, for those who "need" it still (and there are many). The Bible (parts of it) is a kind of "pedagogue" which some must use until they can walk by faith. While I would encourage everyone who could to move past needing to see "the Law... written on stone tablets" to asking for it to be written on their hearts, I can still understand those who need it. For until they are able the hear the voice of our Lord for themselves, how are they to "test" the "inspired expression"? How are they to know that I am not among those wishing to mislead them? The Beroeans were considered "noble-minded" because rather than just taking what the disciples had to say in stride, they checked... UNTIL they were able to put faith "in the thing heard." And the thing heard... is from Christ... not Shelby.

If your spirit is able to bear witness to the truth of what I share with you and its source, so be it. Praise JAH! If not, then, by all means, test it out. Do NOT simply believe the verses that I share here; my goodness, that would be the same as when we were in the Borg! LOOK IT UP, if you need to. DO NOT BE LAZY or ASLEEP! That is what the WTBTS... and most religions... RELY on! They KNOW we're not going to bother.

If I share something... you can do one of two things: look it up... or ask the Master. Personally, I would do the latter FIRST... and then, if I still lacked faith... I'd look it up.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ... and usual suspect...

SA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Keeyzer soze..Aguest and I have been friends for a long time..She`s a real trip and I like her!..LOL!!..I think the point Shelby is trying to make to us,is that she uses Jesus as her measure of Gods Word..Because..She believes Jesus "is" Gods Word..If the bible or any other book would contradict Jesus.She would follow the words of Jesus..So for her,Jesus would have the final say in anything...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Just because I have been posting that long, does not mean that I have only been here that long.

True. But I think it’s safe to say that that is the case. You can correct me if I am wrong.

So you have been here since 01. I'm sorry, I did not realize that made you more knowledgable or special.

(Shaking head) It doesn’t and I did not make the reference to your time as an indication of your knowledge of the subject, but your knowledge… or lack thereof… of me. You made yet another unfounded accusation (that I had still not revealed my source), without knowledge, and I assume (and have given you the benefit of the doubt) that that’s because you’ve been here a short while.

I serve NO gods and NO ONE.

I am sure you believe that; unfortunately, you are in error. We ALL serve someone… whether we wish it or not, whether we know it or not. You admit you see and hear nothing. Well, what you do not see or hear… is quite a lot and it has been around long before you ever came into existence and will be long after you’re gone from this world.

I am not heartless,

I never stated you were.

and I think you're the hypocrite if you say the bible is not from god, yet you keep quoting from it like it is.

First, I think you mean to reference what appears to be contradictions (vs. hypocrisy) in which I share; however, there is none. I bid you look up the word “hypocrite” as used by my Lord. Second, you assume that I am quoting from it "like it is." Had you asked me why I quote from it, I would have responded to you as I did to Keyser Soze: some need it. I don't, but that doesn't mean I stand in the way of those who do.

I do not claim to be a christian or to be anything better than anyone else.

I do profess to be a Christian, by means of an anointing with holy spirit. Yet, that does NOT make me better than anyone. Quite the contrary, it makes me lesser... and a SERVANT… of EVERYONE… the House of God, Israel, first, those who go with them... and even those considered my "enemies." That I speak boldly, rather than timidly, may lead you to think that I believe myself to be better. I do not; my manner of speaking is only a product of my passion … and love… for God and Christ.

I do not claim to know what god is.

Which is EXACTLY why I called you… and others… hypocrites: you have hurled accusations and slander against someone you ADMITEDLY don’t even know! If you don’t what [god] is… meaning, you also do not know what He is not… then how can you accuse Him of ANYTHING?

I can only go by the BIBLE.

Which you don't even know if THAT's true or not! Yet, you accuse. Well, the Bible is NOT the only thing you can go by. The Bible wasn’t even canonized until the 4th century A.D. What did those before that time “go by”? What did Abel “go by”? Enoch? Noah? Abraham? Moses? Joseph? Ruth? Rahab? What “bible” did they read to learn about God? How does one who cannot read learn about God?

If there is another source, you have not revealed it.

And this is how I know you've only been here a short time: I have readily, openly and REPEATEDLY revealed my Source - He is the same One who revealed God to Abel, to Enoch, to Noah, to Abraham, to Moses, Joseph, Ruth, Rahab… and a myriad of others, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, Son and Christ of the Most Holy of Israel, JAH of Armies. These all knew… listened to… and followed… him.

And voices in your head do not count because that voice is not audible to anyone else. Therefore it only applies to you.

It is not in my head, dear Eclipse, and that fact that it is not audible to YOU does not mean it is not audible to anyone else (actually, it is also audible to you; you just have not learned how to hear…). And even if it were only audible to me (which it isn't), why wouldn't it "count"? Who says? You? But besides all of that, you really should not ridicule what you do not know and understand. It is so… well, “from the dark ages” to do so, don’t you think?

and if Jesus words were not in the BIBLE, then where would you get his teachings from?

Where did Abel get them from? Enoch? Noah? Abraham? Joseph? Moses? Socrates? John the Baptist? Saul of Tarsus? I get them from the same Source, which Source I have not withheld from you.

I respect Jesus's teachings.

I am not so sure. Perhaps you respect SOME... but you certainly don't respect them all or you would know EXACTLY what I'm taking about.

I just dont see him in our present day.

But that is because you walk by sight… and not by faith. Which does the Bible tell you to do?

He is not walking around.

Au contrare and I am sure there are many who would disagree with you, even though they, too, have not seen him, at least in the manner you suggest. But he said, “Look! I am WITH you… ALL the days… until the conclusion of the system of things.”

He is not in the clouds.

)Smiling) No, he is not in the clouds. Some (who keep erroneously "looking for a sign") do teach some kind of doctrine to that effect, which they base, quite erroneously, on the words of my Lord when he said “You will see the Son of Man COMING on the clouds…” When this occurrs, he will be manifest to EVERYONE. But even then, he "comes on" the clouds… he’s not IN the clouds. Sheesh.

I have seen more evidence of aliens than I have of Jesus.

No, you haven't. You may have seen what some have told you is evidence, but you it's not true and you just say that because you think it sounds "wise" and makes a point. It doesn neither, actually, but only begs the question why create a lie just to make a point? Seems like an awful lot of unnecessary work, to me…

Your assumptions about me are completely off, but that is not surprising.

Other than the length of time you’ve been posting, I’ve assumed nothing about you whatsoever. I merely took what you posted in response to my post at face value, based on what came out of you. That you say such a thing, however, in light of what you assume about me… brings me back to that word again, unfortunately: hypocrite.

My peace remains.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• JK666
    JK666

My conception of God does love me now.

He never did while I was in the Borg. Even when I was a squeeky clean kid, conducting a Book Study at 13 y.o., I was sure that God would kill me at Armaggedon.

It was a miserable existance, I am glad to finally be free of that tripe!

JK

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    AGuest: You base your knowledge and understanding of God on "the Bible." Who commissioned "the Bible?" God? Certainly not! Why is it that you do not know this, yet you use it to stand in witness against Him? Were you there? Did you see what occurred? If someone were to write something about you, should I believe just because YOU say it is true?

You have brought on your accusations; I challenge them, and I bring to YOU the one witness who WAS there... who saw EVERYTHING... from "the founding of the world," until now. THAT One said that HE came "to bear witness to the TRUTH," and used his own life to do so. Yet, not one did he ever condemn; not one did he ever bring pain or punishment upon. He DID, however, rebuke the scribes for their FALSE writings ("Woe, to you... scribes!"). Yet, you based your knowledge on the writings of the scribes. How are you in the right?

Talk about circular reasoning! Sheesh!

First you tell us that we can't use the Bible as a witness against God, because it wasn't written by him, then you profess that you believe in Christ and QUOTE THE BIBLE as your source.

I guess that's the reasoning skills that too many years in the Borg gets us!!

• AGuest
    AGuest

I guess for some it's a matter of "this part of it says this, but that part of it says that." For me, however, it's a matter of "My Lord, what do YOU say?" and then simply I listen to him."

And what he said to me once was: "All things that I tell you are written, but not all that is written is what I will tell you." Makes perfect sense to me.

So, rather than trying to figure out on my own which parts are correct, and which are not, I simply go the Ones about who it is written, and ask them what is true and what is not true? And I am told. And more often than not I am also told not to keep it to myself, but to share it. And so I do.

I did ask once, however, "And what do I say to those who ask me how I know, but don't believe you told me?" He says, "Tell them what I have told you and show them what I have shown you. They will either listen or refrain, but that is not your concern."

And so I do as directed. Whether you hear... or you refrain.

Peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit