The C word

by ness 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I was born and raised in it. I was always embarrassed to tell anyone I was a JW but never thought of it as a Cult until 1978. When reading about Jim Jones & Jonestown I noticed many similarities and that word "Cult" stuck in the back of my mind. It was about then I seriously started fading.

Now I freely admit I was raised in a Cult and proud to be out.

• ness
    ness

wow, i am seriously on my own with this one eh?

maybe im in denial....lol

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Its just not what I choose to identify 'me' with.

Spot on IP_SEC!

I think people can become "trapped", in a secondary way. They are constantly opening the wound of the past, to the point where the cult still has a measure of control on their lives! So much so that it becomes an "identifying mark" of who they are, instead of what they were.

Oh bttt at hand, yes I said cult!

• Grammy
    Grammy

This is the part I'm curious about...

It appears to me the majority who are comfortable with the word 'cult' were raised in it (myself included), whether that is a factor or not I'd be interested to learn...

I wasn't raised in it I was recruited at the age of 32 by my younger sister....and YES I do feel very comfortable calling it what it is, a mind controlling CULT. Grammy

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It's a cult and I have no problem identifying it that way. However, I would be more likely to have simply said I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and get an interested comment such as : What's it like being raised in a cult? Yeah, its a cult!

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Quandry,

I based me parody on a song from the South Park movie, "Bigger, Longer, and Uncut"

The Song is called "Kyles Mom Is A Bitch" and a video of cartman singing it, then being discovered by Kyles Mom doing so can be forund here.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/44178/south_park_cartman_kyles_mom_is_a_bitch/

Still thinking what kind of parody I can do off of this one:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/45055/south_park_uncle_fucker_video/

It wouldn't even need to have any rude lyrics, just putting ANYTHING to this tune is automatically ofensive!

There, you go, more dreck from Roller the Notorious

• tfjw
    tfjw

Cult. I have no problem saying it to anyone. That is what it is...a cult.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Cult? You say it like it's a bad thing......I tell people I was raised in a cult (Jehovah Witnesses) as a warning! I used to be surprised at the replies I got, not anymore seems everyone else thinks it's a cult too.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have said to non-JW family and to co-workers, "I was in a mind-control cult."

I read COMBATTING MIND-CONTROL CULTS and RELEASING THE BONDS in
    clear view of my wife and I told her the descriptions of a cult fit the WTS.

I only refrain from further saying it to keep from being DF'ed.

I am one who is "comfortable saying they were brainwashed temporarily by a 'cult' " !

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm against the term cult. What is a cult? The Catholic church? or Christians are they a Jesus cult? What about democracy? Is evolution a cult that influences your thinking and life, "survival of the fitest. {Darwin-ites}

A system of beliefs or principles a group follow, set out by a man or men, which effect the life of the group. Very general.

Like Sect! Of What? Of the presbyterians who are a sect of the Catholic church, which is a sect of the Jewish faith!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit