The C word

by ness 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

It took me awhile to become comfortable with the term, but it seems to be much easier after reading 1984 & The Orwellian World of JW's. Frankly, there's no other term for it and it's much easier to tell people it's a cult (which I believe it is) than it is to explain all the oddities that make it different than the average Christian establishment.

• Ri
    Ri

When the only ones going to heaven are the self proclaimed anointed:

IT'S A CULT!!

• Hobo
    Hobo

Most definately CULT- warn EVERYONE!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is definitely a cult an organisation that is heavily into manipulation and exploitation of its followers who are being constantly used and lied to. Their declared objectives are not their real ones.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

nope...it is not technically a cult, so I don't call it one.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

it is SOOOOOOOOO a cult. Hands down without any sort of doubt or question. I have absolutely no problem saying that to people. i was raised in a cult and that cult was jws.

now on the other hand i refuse to call myself an apostate. in order to be an apostate you would have had to leave something true...... and the jws are as false as they come.

instead i call myself a christian.

• monophonic
    monophonic

by the way, ozzie, thanks for insinuating that there was hate speech in my post. really fu(*ing nice of you to throw that label around.

there was no hate speech, only swearing.

ozzie, that's pathetic that you put that as one of the reasons for taking the post down, please be HONEST, and edit that. if you'll read any and all of my posts you'll see i NEVER use hate speech.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Lumptard what is it that makes a group technically a cult? I believe their highly manipulative methods are quite obvious as is the dictatorial nature of their leadership and the tight control of information by psychological means fear, guilt etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit