The C word

by ness 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brinjen
    brinjen

This is the part I'm curious about...

It appears to me the majority who are comfortable with the word 'cult' were raised in it (myself included), whether that is a factor or not I'd be interested to learn...

(Sorry ness, not trying to hijack your thread)

• erynw
    erynw

Completely Cranium Cluttering Cult.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Does any of this sound familiar: http://www.howcultswork.com/ ?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

hmmmm... interesting question.

Up until recently I used the term "cult-like" organization or religion, when I referred to my JW faith. I couldn't, for whatever reason, bring myself to admit that I had been raised in a cult. I guess I kept reflecting on all the good parts of my upbringing in the JW faith, and didn't think it was fair to classify the relgion as a cult.

However, as I continue to wipe the goo from my face, and tear off the matrix like power cords from my spine...I can see with crystal clarity that it is indeed a most frightening cult.

Perhaps one of the most dangerous and powerful cults in existance today.

I have talked to witnesses who have to come to grips with all the same evidence that I have, yet they still have a morbid fear of armageddon, and are still suffering psychologically - somehow unable to truly break free from the years of brain-washing.

Yes indeed, it most assuredly is a cult. It is Powerful. It is Dangerous.

And sadly, it still holds a tight grip on many of our dear loved ones. It's not cool.

The people deserve to be freed.

The Oracle

• alias
    alias

I'm in the column marked "High-control group, definitely with its own CULTure..."

I'm aware of many cult-like groups with varying degrees of intent and control. Perhaps many associate the "c" word with lettuce-head worshiping bald people (remember Rerun in "What's Happening!!").

What I learned from the JW culture has been invaluable insight into other groups and when boundaries are trampled on.

wiser than before,

alias

• monophonic
    monophonic

[Removed by request after complaints received]

• mind my own
    mind my own

Although I wasn't always comfortable saying it, I am now. CULT!!

• orbison11
    orbison11

if it comes up, i tell all my clients/friends that i was in a cult

and that i am so very embarassed by it

it takes them about 2 guesses to say jw's,,so what does that tell you about the publics knowledge of cults/jw's???:)

i am embarassed, as i was not born into it,,i went into it as a young adult,,as my x husband was the one interested

he was not one to follow rules, people, etc,,so when i 'thought' he was going to go to 'church' and read the bible,,i was happy,,,,,not that i am a religious person,,but i thought,,,now there would be 'rules' for him to follow in our life

ha

wendy

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Commercial Cult light

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I got no prob saying I was raised in a cult.

As, uh, 'eccentric' as I can be, it helps people overlook some of my, uh, 'charming quirks' when folks think I was raised by wolves.

Watchtower's a cult, they're a big fat cult,
    they're the biggest cult in the whole wide world,
    they're a stupid cult if there ever was a cult,
    they're a cult to all the boys and girls.

Monday they're a cult, on Tuesday they're a cult,
    and Wednesday to Saturday they're a cult,
    then on Sunday just to be different they're a
    super King Kamehameha cult.

Have you ever seen the Watchtower,
    they're the biggest cult in the whole wide world,
    they're a mean old cult and they have stupid suits,
    they're a cult cult cult cult cult cult cult,

cult cult cult cult cult cult cause-a
    they're a stupid cult,
    Watchtower's a cult and they're just a dirty cult,
    Watchtower is a cult-ah.