The Movie "Borat "- Did you Like it? What Did you Learn from It ?

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I learned that Mrs. Flipper thinks I have " funny mental retardation " P.S. But it's acceptable in the quirky humored Flipper household! Even in America!

• Soledad
    Soledad

I thought it was great. Very clever on Sacha's part to make a film like this. I've been a fan of Da Ali G show for years and I love his approach.

My favourite scene was the one in the camper with the 3 drunk Southern boys. Guess the alcohol was like a truth serum for them.

The naked wrestling was nuts!

• Dagney
    Dagney

After this thread I bought my own copy at Costco yesterday.

• flipper
    flipper

SOLEDAD- The 3 southern boys were funny. And how they were trying to calm Borat down after him watching the Pamela and Tommy Lee video.

DAGNEY- Glad this thread made you want the movie

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I like making fun of people and laughing at them or even creating a situation that ends up making them look foolish, so I loved Borat. When I was a witness, the one thing I couldn't stand for was being laughed at. Sadly, I knew that by being a JW I would probably be laughed at the rest of my life. But it made me think and ask myself, "Why are they laughing at me? What is so funny about what I believe? If the whole world thinks I'm crazy, maybe they have a point" Of course the WTS headed me off at the pass and told me that being made fun of proves that I have the truth, and that it was Satan blinding the minds of the unbelievers that made people laugh at us. this worked to stuff my questions back down my throat, but they would resurface later as bile bilging up. So, now, one of the things I do when I'm out protesting, is I spend some time just standing there laughing at them. No words, just laughing and pointing my finger at them. Nothing any sign ever said, gets them as emtionally reactive than laughing at them. I have seen brothers and sisters cirling around me just steaming trying to think of something to say to me. Some have called me fat and bald, some have said, "Noone is paying attention to you." and some have even struck up conversations with me after the crowds thinned out. laughing makes a point, is my point.

• flipper
    flipper

SHAWN- Sometimes the funniest humor is the self-effacing type where we make ourselves the brunt of the joke. I do that all the time. I'm secure enough to laugh at myself, but laugh with others not at them

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I was not offended, I just did not enjoy the humor as others may have. The same occurred with Clerks / Clerks2.

I have a very vulgar sick sense of humor as well.

• Vinny
    Vinny

My wife and I were equally disgusted. Was one of the few movies we both wanted to walk out on, and did.

• flipper
    flipper

SAVE MY SOUL- I admit that we all have different senses of humor. Me and Mrs. Flippers humor is a little more twisted than some. We are just quirky. I confess , guilty as charged! LOL! Peace.

VINNY- I understand you felt like you needed to walk out. I have done that every so often over the years. One time with Me, Myself and Irene, with Jim Carrey I walked out. It just to me was not a good movie, for him the actor anyway, so I left. So , I understand..Peace out, Mr. Flipper. And I'm a big Jim Carrey fan..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit