The Movie "Borat "- Did you Like it? What Did you Learn from It ?

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    it was crude, offensive, and vulgar..........i loved it.

Darn that's what I was going to say. I thought it was hilarious and one other person I know loved it, but everyone else I recommended it to hated it. Go figure.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, you have to have a sick sense of humor to appreciate it.

• flipper
    flipper

Interestingly enough, only about 4 people on this entire thread have said they did not like it ! I'd say it's running about 85 % for, maybe 15 % against. Maybe we were all so tight and restricted with " witness humor " we have come of age and loosened up a bit without those smothering restrictions, ya think ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• rockhound
    rockhound

My wife and I found it to be very offensive. We got our money back, told the manager we thought the movie encouraged anti-semitism and walked out.

ROCKHOUND

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    but he started off on HBO doing Da Ali G Show

really???

i thought it was funny for the most part...but had to resort to excess rather than clever comedy as time went by.

i would love for him to do a movie with his fashion character - bruno

• ninja
    ninja

hey flippy...here's the photo Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• proplog2
    proplog2

I liked the movie because it isn't too often you see the "wise-fool" character out in the open. The movie wasn't anti-semetic. USA is sitting on a pool of anti-semeticism and racism. The "fool" gets the last laugh because he really is a jew.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    we thought the movie encouraged anti-semitism and walked out.

It's called parody.

The face-slapping kind.

Due To Our Former JW Life, Are Some Ex-JWs Forever Humor-Impaired

Having said that, I will admit to being traumatized by the naked wrestling. or, I'm not sure which.

• dobbie
    dobbie

nvrgnbk i think we were all traumatised by the naked wrestling lol!Have just ordered hubby his two Ali G dvds apparently Borat is on one of them, don't know if i can watch them though as i don't find Ali G funny like Borat.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Infantile, vulgar and narcissistic. The kind of movie Beavis and Butthead would love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit