The Movie "Borat "- Did you Like it? What Did you Learn from It ?

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I hated it. I was told by so many people that it was a very funny movie, and when I saw it, I was surprised that I found it very drab.

Must of been the mood I was in.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I learned that it was o.k. to 'love' your sister.

"My wife, she has vageeen like wizards sleeve."

"We support your war of terror" - Loud cheers.

"We make sexy time, yes?"

Yeah, I enjoyed it immensely. Very subversive. I'm surprised that ANY Americans enjoyed it. Well done you!

• Jourles
    Jourles

A lot of people don't know about it, but he started off on HBO doing Da Ali G Show. This is where Borat was created. I also found it quite amazing how he was able to interview so many famous and high ranking officials in the government.

If you go to YouTube, you can find a bunch of Borat compilations from his Ali G days. Those skits are just as funny as the ones in the movie.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I saw it with about 20 co-workers. The white guys laughed, the blacks eventually left.

Our captain said, It's a white humor thing, you guys can't understand it. I am forced too agree with him.

I hated it and can not understand the buzz.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I loved Ali G!!!!

That was funny. Asking anyone difficult questions is funny to me.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I learned that that fat guy had a mole that looked like a dingleberry between his butcheeks

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I loved that film i thought it was p*ss funny.

What i learned from it is that if your from a minority group then please just have a sense of humour and try not to take yourself too seriously.

LFCv

• flipper
    flipper

SNOOZY- Touche ! You made my point. There are some of us young at heart middle aged people who like to laugh at stupid stuff. Yes stupid is funny, just ask my wife, she laughs at me all the time !

BRENT R- If your surgical procedure was the same surgical procedure I had 8 years ago, I'm quite sure the Valium made you laugh like hell. I love laughing so hard I cry.

WASANELDERONCE- Like I said, not everyone's idea of fun. I respect that.

PROPLOG2- Yes, good analysis. It did seem like a lot of different comedians were represented in that movie, their trails they blazed.

NO LOVE LOST- Great take ! What does that show you about preachers of religion ? That they would accept Borat and his poop, but reject a black woman? Shows how bad prejudice has demented our society.

SASS MY FRASS- I respect you didn't like it. Not for everyone.

DOBBIE- Funny stuff ! I am amazed that Borat got through that movie alive also ! Can you imagine Allen Funt of Candid Camera taking those kinds of chances and being able to live to talk about it ?

STEALTH- Respect your opinion.

BIGMOUTH- Yeah, I heard people all over hollywood, actresses and actors, also saw it and fell all over themselves laughing too.

JOURLES- Thanks for sharing that he started his Borat gig on HBO. I was not aware of that. Will have to watch that.

SAVE MY SOUL- You are not alone. There were a fair amount of people offended racially. However one thing it did do was show the differences in many different races, including stuffy white people. So it did diss them also, not just minorities.

BLUEVICEROY- Really ? The fat guy really had a mole between his buttcheeks ? You sure it wasn't a tick or something ? Mrs. Flipper and I will have to slow motion that part and check it out again. Not that I want to make that my life's journey or a career out ofit mind you, but it's interesting !

LFCVIKING- Very true what you said. It's true about all of our racial groups in mankind. We are all connected. So why should anybody think they are better than another ? We are all the same Thanks for your replies.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

it was crude, offensive, and vulgar..........i loved it.

• flipper
    flipper

BIG D- Me too, and I still cried when I laughed ! Even though I was sober ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit