Massive donations to the WTS

by greendawn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Some posters here metioned that in hot parts of the USA in the summer they would't even turn on the air conditioning to save on electricity leaving the audience sweaty and in great discomfort.

This is one way to enforce the donations. Turn off the air conditioning until $50,000$200,000$500,000 $1 million or more is raised (just keep raising the number when the goal is hit). People will be so hot that they will donate more to get the air conditioning on. And, of course start enforcing rules that no water or pop is to be consumed in the auditorium, no unnecessary milling around, the collar button has to stay done up and the suit coat on, and so on.

And of course there will still be the obligatory deficit at the final session. No matter how much they squeeze out of the flock, they have only to donate more than that much to the Mother Organization to create the deficit. And lo and behold! No air conditioning!

I hope more people start blowing off the whole thing next summer. Then they will get even less, and not be able to afford to rent the place. I wonder what happens then--ir there isn't even enough to pay the regular expenses, let alone give to the Mother Organization. And I am still not going to give those stinkers another penny--I already gave them too much as it is.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Not one of Jack's siblings who inherited his estate could even be bothered to come to the funeral or burial.

• Mary
    Mary

Another example is what happened to my uncle (my aunt's husband) a few years ago. My uncle's mom died when he was very young and his dad remarried an absolutely wacky woman named Phoebee. I remember visiting there when I was a kid----I hated going there. Anyway, My uncle's dad died about 15 years ago and my uncle, being an only child, looked after his step-monster, Phoebee for years. She treated him like shit though---he's got the patience of Job. She didn't want my uncle to get a penny, so she left the Craptower Society everything in her Will. The house, the stocks---everything. I figure it was probably worth close to $300,000.

I thought my uncle should have contested the Will, as Phoebee was really starting to lose her marbles at the end. But being a Witness himself, I guess he didn't think it would look too good if he did such a thing, so he didn't say a word.

Bastards.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Bastards.

No truer word was ever spoken.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

As sickening as this topic and these stories are, you have to understand that people who belong to other religions also give money to their churches. Some of them do it because they think it will count in their favor in the eyes of the Almighty. But, guess what? I think the JWs are the same way.

I realize that a lot of people here were always JWs and think they are the only ones who do this but I was catholic and was interested in other religions and I am well aware that this is common practice.

LHG

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

But at least those other churches are not putting their money to protect pedophiles, silence their victims, get opposing Web sites taken down, or initiate the use of fraud to gain control of poor countries with false hope with the money they usurp. True, I find any money given to a religious organization a waste since they are usually run by people that are lazy and thus will usurp value from people that are working. But at least they will not hide pedophiles and get freedom of speech taken away from their members to the extent that the Watchtower is doing (even the Catholic church is trying to come clean with its pedophile issues).

Also, with those other religions, at least a portion of their money goes back to help those in need. Churches are often used to help the community. They donate the use of space for bake sales that help schools out. Many churches themselves give a portion of their proceeds to charities that have nothing to do with their own members. Do Jehovah's Witlesses do this? Do Jehovah's Witlesses ever loan out their property for bake sales or community use when not in use for their own meetings?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Good grief, MeneMene - I thought I had it bad. At least my father signed over his property to my daughter, skipping me because I wasn't going to meetings. At least somebody other than the WT benefited, and I'll admit she did need some help.

I'm not sure that similar things don't happen in other religions, but I will quote one famous (infamous?) person, "Religion is a snare and a racket."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I'm aware that the WTS has a pamphlet out at the KD halls regarding individuals who wish to hand over their will and estate to the WTS.

And I'm quite sure when it came time to divide or distribute an estate after someone who was a witness passes away to find the WTS one of the beneficiaries

even sometimes sole benefactor of the estate.

The real sick part of this is that there are some witnesses that have willfully written their whole will toward the WTS as the only benefactor, with

the attention that doing so will bring favor of Jehovah's approval, disturbing isn't .

As it is the history of this organization has always been a commercial venture, why people can't see that is a puzzle.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I'm aware that the WTS has a pamphlet out at the KD halls regarding individuals who wish to hand over their will and estate to the WTS.

And I'm quite sure when it came time to divide or distribute an estate after someone who was a witness passes away to find the WTS one of the beneficiaries

even sometimes sole benefactor of the estate.

The real sick part of this is that there are some witnesses that have willfully written their whole will toward the WTS as the only benefactor, with

the attention that doing so will bring favor of Jehovah's approval, disturbing isn't .

As it is the history of this organization has always been a commercial venture, why people can't see that is a puzzle.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Don't get me started.

A very sore subject with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit