Massive donations to the WTS

by greendawn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of a pamphlet put out by the witnesses regarding handing over your will or estate to the WTS.

I just recently saw it at my fathers house and I was totally disgusted by what I read.

Here is an organization that probably now has over a billion dollars in assets, which they don't give a cent out to any worthy chartable organization.

The entirely sick part of this is people are willing giving all of their wealth and assets to the society in a vain attempt to please Jehovah and his earthly organization

it's astonishing how the WTS has that much control over minds of so many people, it's easy to call it criminal.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Makes me ill to think about it.

I'm in the 6 figures over the decades. Family in the 7 figures over 40 years.

There goes the retirement villa in Cabo.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I had my will notarized a few months ago. I'm leaving the WTS the following:

2 aged water pipes, 7 pairs of used shoes, a half dozen rolls of toilet paper (individually wrapped), and 2 worn copies of 'On the Road'. Nothing more, nothing less. The will states that the package should be sent by express mail.

ad my will notarized a few months ago. I'm leaving the WTS the following:

2 aged water pipes, 7 pairs of used shoes, a half dozen rolls of toilet paper (individually wrapped), and 2 worn copies of 'On the Road'. Nothing more, nothing less. The will states that the package should be sent by express mail.

Lawrence you have inspired me.

In my will I will leave the society my entire apostate literature library.

But this is only because I know for a fact, that nobody in my family wants them..........

"Mo-oom, why do you keep all that crap?"

• Mum
    Mum

Poztate and Hortensia have inspired me to leave some mismatched socks, worn-out shoes and whatever other items I deem appropriate to the WT. I have some tubes from the middles of toilet paper rolls that would make a nice addition to the other items. I'll keep looking. Could they be shipped C.O.D.? Probably not. Too bad.

Regards,

SandraC

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I am now so inspired by all of you that I will leave the society my ouija board that I purchased at a garage sale and my smurf collection, if I feel generous the day I revise my will I just might leave them my wind chimes too.

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is officially registered as a 'Charitable Organisation' in many countries to avoid having to pay income or corporation tax on their profits.

When they are the beneficiary of a will they are not liable for 'gift taxes' once they are registed as a Charity with the various countries income tax or revenue collectors.

• Mary
    Mary
    Lawrence said: 2 aged water pipes, 7 pairs of used shoes, a half dozen rolls of toilet paper (individually wrapped), and 2 worn copies of 'On the Road'. Nothing more, nothing less. The will states that the package should be sent by express mail.

Ah Lawrence, you've inspired me as well.......except I think I'll leave them rolls of USED toilet paper, 1 copy each of CoC and ISOCF along with Barbara Anderson's CD and a UN library card. Think I'll Fed-Ex it to them.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

why wait? Maybe we ought to send out donations now - with the return address of the local congregation.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Lawrence, you asked why I would leave the Society the whole box of books instead of just one or two - well, I hate to break up the set and those poor bastards at headquarters are probably dying for something to read that doesn't have any scriptures in it.

• flipper
    flipper

I would donate only when the ex-wife would twist my arm. Maybe $40.00 here or there. In the 80's raising 3 small children and being sole provider financially, paying all the bills , working my a$$ off to pay for rooms at assemblies in Summer, and assisting my over righteous dubbie ex wife to pioneeer financially, I felt like I gave enough at the office already, thank you very much ! Now me and Mrs. Flipper wonder about Mr. Flippers parents who have been jw's for 55 years, what they'll do with funds before they die ? Makes me cringe to think about it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit