Massive donations to the WTS

by greendawn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

When I was young, divorced and still "in" I had very little money and two babies so there was no money for the contribution box. All I can recall giving them money for was the literature. When that was placed sold, I kept the money to pay for the next batch I had to get for Field Circus.

My father was always dropping money in the contribution boxes at the assemblies every Sunday after they had their accounts report begging for $$$. I never felt like I had any to give and it did make me feel bad sometimes.

Now it makes me very happy that I did not have the money to give them. Now that I have a little extra I give it to my kids - NOT the WTS.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I had my will notarized a few months ago. I'm leaving the WTS the following:

2 aged water pipes, 7 pairs of used shoes, a half dozen rolls of toilet paper (individually wrapped), and 2 worn copies of 'On the Road'. Nothing more, nothing less. The will states that the package should be sent by express mail.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh Lawrence, inspired by your Christian example - I'm going to do the same. I have an entire box of used Agatha Christie paperbacks - I'm going to leave that and maybe my entire library of used paperback mysteries to the WTBTS.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Hortensia-

Much too generous! Maybe a book, or two, but the whole collection?

• veen
    veen

Yep. So an old guy in one of my old congs left £750,000($1,500,000), not sure if that included the sale of his property.

Then there's my ex-girlfriend's granddad, who will easily be leaving £500,000($1,000,000), which is splendid considering that some members of his family are struggling financially. What a twat.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

There was an old lady in our KH and she died and left her house in her will to the Watchtower. This was about 5 years ago, an average UK properties in the West Yorkshire UK then might have been worth in the region of 50 thousand pounds.

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

i once was stupid enuf to donate $1,800 in one whack to go to the purchase of the land for a new hall -----then they tried df ing me not long after ----very appreciative bunch of sob's

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Not really a massive gift but what I thought was just a good deed for the advancement of kingdom interests. In the late 80s I changed car. The car dealer was offering me about 8000 francs (1600 dollars) for my decent citroen 2CV. Instead, I decided I would give it to a missionary (that was in south america). What do you think happened ? After he accepted it (gave me a bottle of wine, though) he found that my 2CV was not good enough for him and he abandoned it somewhere in the amazonian forest, where the poor thing must still be rotting. Had he paid, say 2000 francs (400 dollars) for it, he would have pampered it. Faites du bien à un vilain, il vous fera dans la main.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Many interesting stories, I am amazed that as Mene, Mary and others have written the dubs got hundreds of thousands of dollars from just some of their members.

They are going to a destructive cult that doesn't even know what the word charity means. Much of their current wealth must be due to such donations over the decades. Surely religion is a profitable business.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    2 aged water pipes, 7 pairs of used shoes, a half dozen rolls of toilet paper (individually wrapped), and 2 worn copies of 'On the Road'. Nothing more, nothing less. The will states that the package should be sent by express mail.

The list sounds good to me except for the toilet paper.... I would have used it first...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit