Massive donations to the WTS

by greendawn 63 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Have any of you or people that you know such as relatives or friends, made a very significant donation to the WTS? By that I mean property, or money in excess of let's say $10 000.

Enriching an already very rich organisation has to be moronic, they are the ones that should be helping the poor among them the proverbial orphans and widows.

Fortunately I never gave them anything except time as a pioneer for one year before becoming inactive.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Thankfully I never gave more than about $50 at a time, and that was only for the a$$emblies. The one time I gave more ($200) was when I bought something from a Witless, which had $200 in it. The Witless I bought it from didn't know the money was in the item, and I found it by accident. When I confronted him with the money, I was hoping that either I would get to keep it, or that he would have claimed it back (after all, the money was not in the purchase price, and that was the honest thing to do; besides it was more than $20 so I legally had to notify the owner if known; I knew whose it was).

Wouldn't you know, the Witless had me donate the money! It was in four $50 bills, and he wanted one bill in each of the 4 donation boxes. Now, had he wanted the money to spend on his personal needs, that would not have been such a waste (since he had placed the money in the object and forgotten it). Or, if he would have let me keep it, it would have been spent on bills and other necessities. But oh no. It had to go to the Kingdumb Hell! Now I see what a fxxxing waste it was. At least it was his decision to donate it, not mine.

Generally I limited my donations to $50 per day at the a$$emblies, and then if I didn't experience anything that would lead to further stagnation above and beyond the discourse itself. As often as not, I would not donate for this reason. And, after about 1992, I totally cut off every penny of donation to the organization. Aside a$$emblies, the most I ever remember donating to the Tower was spending $15 on the Kingdumb Maladies on records and $16 on the tapes. I do not remember ever donating more than about a dollar or two just on volition. For sure, nothing massive like $10,000.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

My Grandma gave a $10,000 loan to the Watchtower! When she died they got to keep it as a donation.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The lady that brought me in the truth, donated large sums of money at different times. I am sure some is not known, but I know she donated enough money to build an entire hall in Africa, which may have not reached $10,000. but she bought new chairs for our own KH, and gave money to people in need, even buying a car for someone to pioneer.

She went to Stanley Theatre, and I am told she offered to donate money for new furniture there as she thought it needed to be changed or updated, for the lobby.

She helped me numerous times.

purps

• greendawn
    greendawn

Fortunately that wasn't much WTWizard the WTS wouldn't be able to do much with it. Thinking about donating for the assemblies to hear their boring and mind conditioning talks was something silly. Some posters here metioned that in hot parts of the USA in the summer they would't even turn on the air conditioning to save on electricity leaving the audience sweaty and in great discomfort.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The Watchtower is having a funeral for the five men who died in that plane crash. The tell everyone that in lieu of giving flowers, donations should be given to the kingdom hall. Why the kingdom hall??? Why not the families who are suffering this loss?

They will raped the dead of all their monies whenever they can.

Blueblades

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    The Watchtower is having a funeral for the five men who died in that plane crash.

I think that is good they are doing this, but why are they?

purps

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

My father's family donated all of their inheritance ($500,000 +) last year.

The remaining siblings are very old: one uncle is very comfortable $$ wise. The remaining aunt lives in a house that is falling in around her but she sees nothing wrong with it and said she doesn't need to be 'rich' (her portion was only about $60,000). She also told me the family is just so big it was easier this way. The attorneys still had to contact each of the many heirs by letter because of the questionable way the estate was handled.

Another uncle that was alive at the time was very ill and unable to even pay his medical bills. He was seeing things and talking to people that weren't there. A sister in law of the siblings (a good and faithful pioneer sister) personally took this ill man to the attorney's office to sign away his portion of the inheritance. She was paid either $15,000 or $25,000 and she was not an heir - her husband died many many years ago & her daughter was an heir. This uncle's brothers and sister did give him a few dollars - the same amount as the sister in law got.

The remaining sibling alive is my 92 year old father who would rather give his portion of his inheritance to the WTS instead of helping out his kids, two of which are poor faithful dubs and drive very old vehicles to meetings and in service.

Several decades ago this family (siblings) chose to sign over all of the property to one brother to manage after their father died. He eventually became very ill with altzheimers and was in the hospital unable to care for himself. The elders from the congregation (one of whom was his first cousin) came to the hospital with a completed will and had him sign it leaving everything to the WTS. Instead of contesting the will all of the heirs fell in line and allowed it to stand.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Kerj2 that was greed on their part a loan should eventually be returned.

Purple Sofa at least that JW lady did the right thing in also helping out individual dubs rather than just the super rich org.

Blueblades that's an observation full of significance, why not give the dead dubs the dignity of having some flowers at their funeral and above all why not help out their bereft families?

• Mary
    Mary

Yes. My girlfriends' parents gave them $100,000. A bit of background on this particular situation really is disgusting. My girlfriend's Uncle Jack (her mothers brother) was gay and had lived with his friend Bob for 40 years. Jack's siblings were all Witnesses and would have nothing to do with him because he was gay. Knowing this, Jack left his estate to my girlfriend as she was the only member of the family who cared for them and didn't judge them. The estate was worth over a million dollars when he died. But because he had changed his Will shortly before he died, there were some legal things that made it Null and Void and she didn't get a cent. Instead, then estate went to Jack's nearest relatives, namely, all his siblings who had not seen nor spoke to him in 30 - 40 years.

Each of them got over $250,000 dollars which they had no trouble accepting, even though he was gay. Funny how that works eh? They ignored him for years because of his sexual orientation and treated him like garbage, yet this flaw was quickly overlooked when they realized how much money they'd all be getting. Not one of Jack's siblings who inherited his estate could even be bothered to come to the funeral or burial.

My girlfriend's parents got their share and quickly donated $100,000 to the Borg for "saving their lives" and have blown the rest on good times. They will no longer speak to their own daughter (my girlfriend) or her husband. Why? Because she smokes and celebrates Christmas.

Can you feel the love here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit