CO tells us the reason for the Tract Work

by stillajwexelder 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I wonder then, why Jesus didn't just tell his disciples

"Go therefore and find busy work to do, that gives you a good feeling that you 'covered the territory', and gives the people something to line their birdcages with. And look I am with all the days until the conclusion of the tract work."

How ludicrous. It is not enough that they preach 'another gospel', now they admit that they are just staying busy for no reason. Why not let 'em go and take care of the lawn or go fishing. At least they would actually accomplish something. Of course slaves just break rocks, they don't ask why or how long, do they?

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This sounds like another of those semi-true messages they don't want in print, so they
    leak it through C.O.'s. The purpose of the recruiting work is to declare the Good News and
    a warning message according to the literature. He didn't say that was not being accomplished
    but admitted there was more benefit to the rank and file than to the householders.

It wouldn't surprise me if the C.O. says in his Sunday summation that it is important to stay
    busy in the work of the Lord WTS to keep from Satan's schemes.

By the way, the enthusiasm and invigoration of the congregation wears out quicker and
    quicker everytime they do this easy work. Many dubs (elders included) see little importance
    in the tract work and do 45 minutes at a slow pace on Saturdays, then off to the coffee break.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    "It's real easy work".

That is the problem. It requires no brains to do. You simply go around the territory and hand out tracts with little or no presentation. And what happens? You have done nothing that requires any thinking. It gets stagnant after a short time, and people begin to feel like robots. There is no room to think, and so that ability will go dormant after a short time. Eventually you begin to lose it altogether, and you become the robot that they want. Sure is a great way to benefit the people--or is it benefitting the leaders?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Now the Pre-1975 Tract work, that I was 'invigorated' by, now that was important tract work, not just busy work. After all, Armageddon came in 1975. My blistered feet still hurt.

Jeff

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I think this serves two purposes:

1. Busy work - keeps the dubs busy so they don't have enough time for any thing else, more control and isolation from reality.

2. Money - somebody has to pay for the printing and shipping of the tracts, so more money is guilted donated.

This seems so obviously pitiful.

• Mary
    Mary

Funny----this time last year, JW's everywhere were telling people that they expected this tract to usher in the Great Tribulation by the end of 2006, so it was vital that the tract be placed to everyone on planet earth. (funny how they said they placed 200 million tracts when there are over 6 billion people on earth).

My elderly aunt was adament that this tract would be "the trigger" to the GT, no doubt about it. So here we are a year later and the world is still here. Imagine that! And now we find out that the tract was merely a tool to get the brothers and sisters reved up? Ya, sounds about right.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

The same thing happens in mine. Some of the brothers don't even pick up their 50 tracts or invitations. Many others ask to be given only 20 or 30. I think this may reflect a new kind of attitude among witnesses.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

They are probably hoping to inflate the FS hours by getting more people out doing this "easy" tract work.

BB

• freetosee
    freetosee

I am surprised about the COs honesty...admitting that it is not about spredding the good news and saving lifes. Plus it also explains the lack of increase...lol

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

That reminds me of another remark made. He sadi we distributed about 2000 tracts minimum per congregation. If all those turned up at the DC we would not be able to cope. The Society knows only an extremely small [percentage will respond to the DC invite campaign

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit