CO tells us the reason for the Tract Work

by stillajwexelder 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

5go:

I caught the CO lying about tract work in my Congragation. I have not turned in any hour or placements yet we had 100% particpation in my hall.

No, I am sure it was 100%. The secretary just took out your card temporarily during the CO visit to pump the %. The % will be back in the 70-80% range again after he leaves.

I used to do the opposite. As secretary, I would drag out inactive publishers' cards out and put them in the file for the CO to find. Help him see how many used to be there and get the elders a good talkin' to. Not that it did any real long-term good.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "truth in reporting" Sheep Class)

• watson
    watson

I'd still say to expect to see many more tracts being offered in the coming years

Yes, and our CO confirmed this tonight. He said we will be "seeing alot more of it in the years to come!"

• eclipse
    eclipse
    He said we will be "seeing alot more of it in the years to come!"

That just proves that he believes this system is going to last for a looooooong time

• watson
    watson

Plans are being made now for the 2009 International Conventions!!

• steve2
    steve2

Brings to mind the old saying, "Playing the fiddle while Rome burns". Another example of the way in which the organization is breath-takingly exploitative of the state of the rank and file.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is ideal work for the JWs. It is easier than magazine or book distribution, they don't have to have ANY knowledge, nor are they encouraged to converse at the door. So, they get in lots of hours, distribute lots of tracts, don't have to even pretend to have Bible knowledge. . .ups the numbers because they are always doing this 'surge' trying to make it like its the last big job before armageddon. . .its all smoke and mirrors. We are moving to a new house where no one knows I was ever a JW. Except for an old friend I haven't seen in nearly 30 years. And unless HE comes to my door, I am a fresh new face. I am kind of looking forward to seeing the latest techniques in action. They haven't been brave enough to show up at my door for years-not since my 7 year old was born. I only see the evangelicals and the LDS elders here, along with some random church invites. They come to my neighborhood, park in front of my house and go see the neighborhood.

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

By Jove it's a publishing house masquerading as a spiritual guided relgion.....shocking, what will they think of next ?

The master of the kingdom gains power and strength by the exploitation of his conjured slaves......... and he stood on top of tower and looked down on upon his kingdom

to see how vast it had become and what he saw pleased him so.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What the CO failed to mention is that the Tract work generates activity within the congregation AND is really cheap.

It is easy to print a billion one page tracts and tell the r&f to go do Gods work. Much more expensive to print special mags or other multipage brochures.

The society sees tracts as a win-win situation. Remember the goal is to keep the minions busy. Tracts fulfill this goal on the CHEAP.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I had a 'tract' shoved through my door a couple of months ago. I saw the JWs work my street a week later (following up the tracts I assumed), but they missed my house (I didn't recognise them)...now if I'm on some sort of 'list' then I shouldn't have received the tract, but as I did I deserved a follow up visit - that tract could have changed my life - I may well complain to my local KH.

Midwich (of the 'never gets a follow up visit' sheep class)

• erandir
    erandir
    I caught the CO lying about tract work in my Congragation. I have not turned in any hour or placements yet we had 100% particpation in my hall.

Yes, so either that means you don't count anymore, or your secretary is fudging the numbers to make things look good for the congregation (and to keep the elders from having to do more shepherding calls).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit