I LEFT MY HUSBAND last night. Kind words anyone?

by AWAKE&WATCHING 66 Replies latest jw friends

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I wish for you strength, happiness, peace of mind, and the ability to find whatever it is you want in life.

Jackie

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I say good for you. Please take time to heal from a controlling husband, and a controlling religion. Enjoy you, find out who you are not defined by any religion or man. Good luck we are here for you.

Leslie

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I am Black, and believe you me, I know how controlling and anal Black men can be.

OK, Little Brother, I should have said, "I know how controlling and anal some Black men can be." Feel better? I hope so because I can't bear the thought of Little Brother being ticked off with me. Snowbird

• horrible life
    horrible life

AWAKE, You have to go back. You need to get some friends together, with large trucks, and get your stuff, before he changes the locks. I have had 2 friends in the past 3 weeks, leave their husbands. One husband just didn't know what he wanted, and asked for some time apart, and the other, he was just like your husband.

Both packed up their car, and left. When they went back for treasures and more clothing, the locks were changed.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Everything is cool snowbird. I was just being anal.

But i'm sorry you've had those experiences with black men. Good thing all of us aren't that way.

R.F.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Everything is cool snowbird. I was just being anal.

But i'm sorry you've had those experiences with black men. Good thing all of us aren't that way.

R.F.

Now I can truly be at ease in Zion! You are a treasure, you know that?

Snowbird

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Awake&Watching...I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you find peace. Good for you for not taking crap like this, you deserve better.

{{{Hugs to you}}}

~Froggy~

• Brain Dead
    Brain Dead

I think you've made the right move for your mental health and happiness, if your husband is taking in all the JW training in how he has all the power and control of the household

he will definitely put you under him and put you in subjection to his authority, very much like it was 2 thousand years ago in the middle east, not exactly a fair and welcoming position for

a wife in this day and age.............all the best to you for wherever you go.........

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    I am Black, and believe you me, I know how controlling and anal Black men can be.

Control freaks come in all colors and both sexes don't they? Married a Porteguese control freak, dated a Scottish control freak, etc. Have a great friend married to a female control freak or the megabeast as I call her.

Congrats AW, hugs! Leaving is never easy but, it is freedom in its purest form. On the days you might doubt your decision, remember how little respect he showed for you, yelling at you in front of those people. I have to agree with a couple of the posters, you should get your things before its too late, I wish I had, when I did finally go back to get my things after leaving my ex he had the cops there to prevent me from taking anything.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Snowbird:

I am kind of curious. You mentioned this is a cultural thing with Black Men. Which black culture is this? African Americans, West Indian, Hispanics, etc?

My husband is from Barbados and has never been controlling. Also, my father was of West Indian descent and he was never controlling with my mother and my three (3) brothers are not controlling with the women they love or have loved?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit