I LEFT MY HUSBAND last night. Kind words anyone?

by AWAKE&WATCHING 66 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am white, my husband is black. He is not baptized but goes to all the meetings and is in the school. A few months ago I read the following info which I just copied from Vinny's thread. Thanks Vinny.

1898 "God .. evidently has been a respecter of races, and has specially blessed and favored certain branches of the Aryan race in Europe and America.. the white race has been more abundantly blessed with the light of the Gospel than others .. the elect Church will probably be composed chiefly of the highly favored white race.." {EVOL 30-1}

1900 "There are probably as many as a hundred colored brethren on the Watch Tower lists, some of them very clear in the truth, and very earnest in its service, financially and other-wise .. [but they are not allowed to participate in the "pioneer work" as] although we have received letters from several of these, who had intended engaging in the volunteer work, expressing surprise that in the call for volunteers in the March 1, 1900 issue we restricted the inquiry to white Protestant churches. .. The reason is that so far as we are able to judge, colored people have less education than whites - many of them quite insufficient to permit them to profit by such reading as we have to give forth. Our conclusion therefore is based upon the supposition that reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted, and a very small percentage indeed likely to yield good results. We advise, therefore, that where the Watch Tower literature is introduced to colored people it be not by promiscuous circulation, but only to those who give evidence of some ear for the truth. We avoid, so far as possible, putting the pearls of present truth into the hands of the vicious and depraved .." {ZWT Apr 15 1900 122}

1902 "The Negro Not a Beast .. that Ham's characteristics which had led him to unseemly conduct disrespectful to his father, would be found cropping out later, inherited by his son, and prophetically he foretold that this degeneracy would mark the posterity of Canaan, degrading him, making him servile. We are not able to determine to a certainty that the sons of Ham and Canaan are negroes; but we consider that general view as probable as any other.. We are not to forget, either, that Africa is inhabited by various tribes or nations of negroes - some more and some less degraded than the average.. While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Aryan) family.. The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst its various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control. It remains to be proven that the similar commingling of the various tribes of Chinese for several centuries would not equally brighten their intellects; and the same with the peoples of India and Africa." {ZWT Jul 15 1902 216}

I was appalled and told my husband so. He said everybody thought those things back then and didn't think it such a big deal. I made the point that God knew these things weren't true and they claim to speak for God, yadda,yadda. Not an argument in any way - just a discussion.

Anyway, last night I was talking to his 21 yr. old nephew at a family gathering. He said he believed in evolution so I told him about the "New Children" on you tube with extra genes and that some are saying it proves evolution, blah, blah, blah.

My husband thought I was talking to him about the info above regarding the early WTS views. I guess he heard the word "genes". He actually got in my face in front of people, yelling at me that I am "trying to draw people after me".

So I've decided that I do not have to tolerate this controlling behavior anymore. I've had enough fun. I packed as much as I could get in my car and I left. I am never going to put up with anyone who wants to control me again.

• KW13
    KW13

Well, this isnt my choice and its not my place to judge him but in this situation he was out of order. If you are happy with your decision then its right. I am really sorry it came to this though, because no one sees this happening when they first get married/get together do they?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wow!

Don't know what to say.

I do respect your courage.

Best wishes.

• changeling
    changeling

Wow! Do you have a plan? A job, a place to stay? Have you thought this through?

I'm not saying to go back to him, it's just that this sounds rather impulsive.

Make sure you know what you really want and have a plan to make it happen.

changeling

((((((A&W)))))

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I have a great job and a place to stay, it's been coming for a long time. I have put up with a lot. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Really, enough is enough.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

**dragonlady's husband here***

good for you. its not easy but in my opinon you did the right thing. you're avoiding becoming the victim of abuse. again, you did the right thing and you'll realize soon you'll be better for it.

good luck and be well....

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

(((((((AWAKE&WATCHING))))))

What you did took courage.

Something like that is never easy.

I hope everything works out for you.

BB

• Mary
    Mary

Hey hon, I have a feeling that this wasn't the only reason you've decided to leave him..........Sounds like you've left him AND the religion. If it'll make ya happy, then power to ya!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am going through a divorce with a hardcore witness (my choice). I could not continue with the verbal and emotional abuse. It is a very painful and expensive process. But, it is a process that I have to go through to get on with the rest of my life.

So, my kind word to you is, congratulations for your courage. Good luck and stay strong.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Onward Christian soldier. ()

sorry it came to this, but some times that is the way it is. You sound ready to get on with the rest of your life.

You should find out if there is an aposfest near you and make an appearance. tea and sympathy , and friends.

((hugs)) (to the only person who ever got me to write anything on my bio lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit