I LEFT MY HUSBAND last night. Kind words anyone?

by AWAKE&WATCHING 66 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Generally speaking, Black in America means African American. you probably know that.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

So sorry things came to the point they did. For whatever reason a seperation is sad. There comes a time when we know changes need to happen though, and it sounds like you arrived there. Congrats on your strength to make your choice.

LTF

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    He actually got in my face in front of people, yelling at me that I am "trying to draw people after me".

This is one thing I would never tolerate again. I ended several relationships because of similar behaviour. It's not always yelling or beatings - sarcasm can be just as bad. It's natural that people occasionally disagree, but there is an appropriate time and place to do it, as well as a proper way of doing it. Just because I had to tolerate public screaming and beatings from my parents as a child doesn't mean I have to put up with it now. If that means I'll never have a relationship again then so be it. I can live with that.

Take care of yourself first, A & W. No one else will.

W

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

A&W,

You know what's best for you, we are all behind you.

Sometimes stuff just needs to end, but it sounds as if you know that and are ready.

We're here for ya,

RD

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

courage and peace to you

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

A$W,

You did a courageous thing last night. I wish you well.

Whatever happens, you have our support

• DJK
    DJK

Sorry to hear about this A+W. I didn't know you had some serious issues like that you were dealing with. I wish you the best.

DJK

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((Awake&Watching))))))))))))

That took a lot of courage, please keep us posted.

• brinjen
    brinjen

{{{{{{{Awake&Watching}}}}}}}

Good for you for standing up for yourself!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Good luck. I am in a mixed marriage, and have been for 20 years. I know it is not easy, especially when the watchliar's are involved. Be stong and follow your heart.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit