I LEFT MY HUSBAND last night. Kind words anyone?

by AWAKE&WATCHING 66 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    So I've decided that I do not have to tolerate this controlling behavior anymore. I've had enough fun. I packed as much as I could get in my car and I left. I am never going to put up with anyone who wants to control me again.

How long have you been married? Do you have children? All I can do is give you a virtual hug. (((((((A&W)))))))))) I hope this turns out to be a happy ending for you.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((A & W)))

I am so sorry for all the hurt you have been thru. I wish you a better,peaceful life.

Codeblue

• choosing life
    choosing life

Robin,

I hope things look up for you soon. Things change, people change. Do you have kids? I take it you don't as you don't mention any.

Wishing you kindness, peace and a real home in your life. And I am listening to Counting crows as I type this. You have good taste in music and I am sure you are using good judgement in starting a new life.

Hugs to you, Choosing Life

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Hi there:

We all get mad at our loved ones at times, for a slight of conversation, or doing the wrong thing the wrong way; but in the end sometimes we wonder: was it really worth it? Will it matter in ten years?

If this is a pattern of ongoing behavior: the attempt to control you, that's probably going to be something that will cause friction in the relationship and should be dealt with. If it was just someone popping off at the mouth when tempers were high, that's different. That will be something you have to decide on your own. No one has the right to control another adult human being, no matter who they are to them.

CG

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I love you guys. Thank you, it really means a lot to me that you all take the time to reply.

Just to clear up a few things. This is my second marriage and my husband's first, we do not have children together.

We are both in our late 40's and have been married for almost 5 years, we dated for almost 12. My husband changed literally overnight when we got married. He is verbally abusive and has become physical by getting in my face screaming and backing me against the wall. He has never HIT me but has pushed me with his body.

I kept thinking he would go back to the way he was when we dated. I was a fool to tolerate this for this long. I am relieved and at peace with my decision to leave.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I am relieved and at peace with my decision to leave.

Well, good for you. It can only get better.

Snowbird

• Sassy
    Sassy

Awake&Watching, its good you are getting out of that volitile situation. You don't need that or deserve it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit