I LEFT MY HUSBAND last night. Kind words anyone?

by AWAKE&WATCHING 66 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

Well done A&W for having the strength and courage to leave. We are all here for you xx

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

good for you A&W...I left two husbands because they were abusive. Never again will I stick around and allow someone to treat me disrespectfully.

lisa

• eclipse
    eclipse

I wish you peace and happiness A&W

What you did, took alot of courage.

P.S. I think control is beyond racial, as all races and cultures of men can be controlling,

(it is also perspective too, and where we live that gives us our unique viewpoint)

It's his insecurities that make a man controlling and abusive.

A secure man does not control his partner because he has no need to.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((A&W)))

Brave one, if this was ongoing controlling behaviour by your hubby, you've done the right thing.

Wishing you all the best whatever happens from here.

Peace

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

((((((Awake & Watching))))))

Please get the rest of your belongings ASAP! Take someone with you.

Good for you for removing yourself from that situation. Some of us only wish we could.

• BFD
    BFD

((((((AWAKEANDWATCHING))))))

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

You are making some HUGE changes in your life. I am here for you if you ever need to talk. You need all the support you can get because these changes are HUGE.

BFD- did I say HUGE?!?

you have a pm

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Post 243 of 243
    since 13-Apr-02

50 y 3 m 17 d

Hi Snowbird:

I am kind of curious. You mentioned this is a cultural thing with Black Men. Which black culture is this? African Americans, West Indian, Hispanics, etc?

My husband is from Barbados and has never been controlling. Also, my father was of West Indian descent and he was never controlling with my mother and my three (3) brothers are not controlling with the women they love or have loved?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

The first man I married is African-American. The second is Afro-Caribbean. Both of them turned out to be control freaks; the former physically, the latter financially. It is good that you have not experienced that in your life, but I can only speak from my own perspective. I think I clarified things sufficiently when I amended my statement to say some Black men are controlling and anal.

Snowbird

• minu
    minu
    You have to go back. You need to get some friends together, with large trucks, and get your stuff, before he changes the locks. I have had 2 friends in the past 3 weeks, leave their husbands. One husband just didn't know what he wanted, and asked for some time apart, and the other, he was just like your husband.

No, I don't think she HAS to go back. Things are just things. You can always get more things. Or, in the divorce, if that's what she choses, she can get some stuff back through legal lines. I am hoping there are no children involved in this situation, that always makes things harder.

AWAKE, you have support here. Do not go back to an abusive relationship, even if it's only verbal. The grass IS greener on this side of an abusive relationship. TRUST ME!

pm me if there is anything I can do to help.

Marie

• ninja
    ninja

I like to think us Scots men are sensitive,loving and caring.....but I would be lying.....oh yeah and Scots women are hormoanal (yes the spelling is correct) divas.....in fact all women are....(note to self...shut up ninja or you will have a riot in your hands)......ninja tip toes off

• minu
    minu

((((((AWAKEANDWATCHING))))))

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

You are making some HUGE changes in your life. I am here for you if you ever need to talk. You need all the support you can get because these changes are HUGE.

What BFD said.

Awake, you have loads of support here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit