JW Gets 37 years in prison after violating probation

by kwr 85 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kwr
    kwr

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-flbblackledge0824nbaug24,0,7357675,print.story

When Glenn Blackledge violated his probation on Super Bowl Sunday, he ran out of second chances.

Police found him slumped over the wheel of his still-running truck in a Coral Springs parking lot, reeking of alcohol.
    ---snip---

At Thursday's hearing, Blackledge's father, Gary, attested to his son's "tender heart" and desire for treatment.

He said his son was feeling "isolated" on the night of the Super Bowl, having been socially shunned for violating church rules. Gary Blackledge, a Jehovah's Witness, said his son had not exercised "proper conduct with a person of the opposite sex before marriage."

Glenn Blackledge told the judge he had "bottled up" his feelings.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Blackledge, 29, wasn't supposed to be drinking, according to a plea deal struck after he killed four young people in a 1999 street-racing crash. With the victims families' assent, Blackledge got the deal in 2004: He pleaded guilty to four counts of vehicular homicide in exchange for a year in jail, a year of house arrest and 13 years of probation.

Holmes said she would have been more impressed if Blackledge had sought treatment in jail or if he had taken the help his father offered early on. Then she revoked his probation and pronounced the 37-year prison sentence.

The guy didn't accept treatment when it was offered. But now thats he's facing 37 years he's willing to get help?

The judge is right, way to little, way to late.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Such a sad situation for those people that were killed. Im surprised they admitted he was being shunned.

• horrible life
    horrible life

He apologized to his family and the victims' families, saying he did not "intend to reopen old wounds."

Was he really sorry when he got a light sentence the first time?? What do JW's feel, when they are responsible for a worldly persons death?

Do they think that they may have done them a favor, that they may be resurrected? Or, do they say that they would have been bird food anyway.

I just don't understand drunk drivers.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont either Horrible Life.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

I went to the same congregation as that guy...have known him since I was a teenager.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

What gets to me is...............................

If Mr. Blacklege had never had to endure an indoctrinated life as a JW's son..............he might have done something good with his life instead of trying to escape it with way too much alchohol. And those he killed would still be alive.

Yet he deserves to be incarcerated for what he did.......but his old man and the "others" should be locked up with him for ruining his life through brainwashing.

HappyDad

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Happy Dad:

I've read a lot of trash on this site but yours beats all.

"an indoctrinated life as a JW's son .... instead of trying to escape with too much alchohol."

By your standard : ONES RAISED AS JW"s WILL END UP ALCOHOLICS BECAUSE THEY ARE ESCAPING A TERRIBLE LIFE .......... GET REAL!!! HAS BEING AN APOSTATE SO FERMENTED YOUR BRAIN THAT THIS HOW YOU SEE EVERYTHING?

GUESS YOU NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE NOT RAISED AS A WITNESS MISUSING ALCOHOL?

AND TO TOP IT OFF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE HIS FATHER AND "OTHERS" GO TO JAIL TOO!!!

YOU ARE A REAL PIECE OF WORK!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

YOU ARE A REAL PIECE OF WORK!!!!

Well ain't that the pot callin' the kettle black? Sounds like Happy Dad got under your skin. *snicker*

Poor baby Rosalee.

Josie ~ lmao!!

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

josie ... stick to what you understand ... the fluff topics ... Rose :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit