WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

These questions you may ask about why God did this and why He did that are questions we all ask. But who are we?

Jesus is known as the Son of God. Jesus also said He and His Father are one. Jesus taught us many, many things. He performed great miracles. He was doing His Father's work. So how does that make God a jerk? God is not a jerk at all.

The Bible promises that when you sincerely speak a prayer to God, you will experience a new life in Christ.

Whatever bad thing you may have experienced in the past, there is still hope.

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:9,10 )

hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Ok.

The bible's main subject is about Jesus, the Lord Jesus Christ, that is. The bible tells us who He is.

Jesus said, "Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also" (John 8:19).

Since most of your backgrounds are Jehovah's Witnesses, you would have realised how much you have been mislead in many areas. Things the JW church taught you, have confused you and left most of you very bitter and to find out the truth....well you just gave up.

There is more to learn other than what you know or may not know. It is not a fairytale I assure you with most confidence. Jesus is true.

hibiscusfire

• IP_SEC
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

eclipse: What do you got to lose? Everything.

Everything like what eclipse?

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

What did Jesus teach?

hibie

There is more to learn other than what you know or may not know. It is not a fairytale I assure you with most confidence. Jesus is true.

Thanks for the "assurance," but in the extremely likely event that you are wrong, what will you do to compensate those who foolishly relied on your claims?

The bible was written by men it purports were inspired by god. There is no empirical evidence to support such claim; accordingly, its merit is equivalent to the merit of claims of psychotic individuals who insist that god "told them" to commit heinous acts like murder or mayhem.

There is no evidence to support the bible's claims that god created man in his own image, but there is plenty of evidence that man created god in his own image.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Time.

I will lose TIME. Without time I can do nothing, I do not exist at all.

And your above posts are moot considering that most of us prayed fervently and sincerely. I guess we just were not the chosen few.

It seems that god/Jesus picks and chooses the ones that He declares himself to.

I was not one of the ''lucky'' ones.

What do you think of when you hear the word, ''inconsistencies''?

A cop will say to an accused, ''there has been inconsistencies in your story''. meaning they are not telling the whole truth.

When I see or read an inconsistency, it means there is a lie somewhere.

The bible seems to be very inconsistent - I wonder why.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

144001:but there is plenty of evidence that man created god in his own image.

Really? And whose image would that be? God made us ...we cannot make God. Infact we have no idea how to make cells in a body. We cannot make it. Who does it?

Imagine mixing concrete and praying to that, calling it "God". When this thing man made falls and break what happens? "God" died?

God is a Spirit by the way and very powerful. That is why Jesus is the only mediator between man and God.

hibie

• Sad emo
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

eclipse: I will lose TIME. Without time I can do nothing, I do not exist at all. And your above posts are moot considering that most of us prayed fervently and sincerely. I was not one of the ''lucky'' ones. What do you think of when you hear the word, ''inconsistencies''? A cop will say to an accused, ''there has been inconsistencies in your story''. meaning they are not telling the whole truth. When I see or read an inconsistency, it means there is a lie somewhere. The bible seems to be very inconsistent - I wonder why.

Girl God created time. He gave us days and nights. He gave us the hours, minutes and seconds. Without God, we would be nothing. What proof? You are experiencing it.

We all pray how we feel is fervently and sincerely. Don't stop. Continue to pray. You will get results. But stopping you quit. Do quitters win?

The bible is not inconsistant you know. It depends on which one you are reading and how deep you are getting into it. Don't you believe there is more to you than what meets the eye?

hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit