WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Yep pretty sick!

• eclipse
    eclipse

Great points, nvr, but to people like hibiscusfire, who turn a blind eye to the evil blood thirsty god they worship, god and Jesus are real because they FEEL them.

Yes, Jesus was such a sweetheart, and awww, he died a brutal death because that is what his father wanted, or jesus wanted if he is god,

and I used to well up inside with such emotion thinking about Jesus death that I thought I would BURST!

I have been where you are, hibiscusfire.

Then I started to learn about this person that I was worshipping and found out how TERRIBLE he really was. I read my bible more thoroughly, and with a more critical eye. I saw things that I glossed over because they bothered me, so I would PURPOSELY IGNORE THEM.

I am not longer that little emotional girl who was in love with an idea of a daddy-in-the-sky.

Never once did Jesus or God do ONE thing for me. Never once did they show me a sign that they are real. They are only your emotions.

A group of chemical reactions in your brain.

Now I am no longer blinded by belief, I have reality, not fantasy, although fantasy has it's place and is a nice passtime.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

kerj: Why doesn't God come down and show us himself the right path?

He already did kerj.

Hibie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Never once did Jesus or God do ONE thing for me. Never once did they show me a sign that they are real. They are only your emotions.

A group of chemical reactions in your brain.

Now I am no longer blinded by belief, I have reality, not fantasy, although fantasy has it's place and is a nice passtime.

Amen!

What is your response to this, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/140515/2517132/post.ashx#2517132, Hibie?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

He already did kerj.

No hibi,

I'm not talking about to a few Jews and a couple gentiles in Jerusalem. I'm talking about a reality in which all will see his presence and in clear and simple terms show us what we need to do to please him/her/it!

Don't you think that would be the most loving way in which God could reveal himself to us? That is the reality I'm looking for, not emotions, but hard proof of his existence!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

In line with what kerj said, why hasn't God manifested Himself to the largest human population ever?

Is He testing us?

Does He want us to fail?

A human father, if at all loving, does his all to facilitate the success of his children.

• Terry
    Terry
    Yes Terry it was God's plan. That was the only way to help us - throught the blood of Jesus. His blood to cleanse us. The people were very wicked and the devil was so overjoyed that he was getting his way. Ahhhhh but God is smarter than that, He turned it around. Have you ever had been in a bad situation and somehow or the other it turned out right in the end.? Well that is just what happened. Jesus is alive and well. But don't you just feel to cry when you know what those wicked people did to Jesus for no reason? Tell me.

The only way?

For God?

God is trapped in a corner with no way out except one?

No resources?

GOD??!!

Wow! Interesting description of God you have there.

Remember this one thing. It is the Enforcer of Strict Rules who broke the rules here: God.

Justice was violated. Who did the violating? God!

You say God had no choice. I wonder why you think God is so impotent at problem solving as to violate his own perfect standard of Justice.

But, I can't expect you to explain what you don't understand yourself.

You seem to be parroting what you read without mixing your own brain into it.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Nvr, just digging through your post with my initial thoughts:

Turning to Genesis, we find that Jehovah was pleased with
    Abel's blood sacrifice, while he rejected the fruit offering of Cain, "a tiller of
    the ground." Genesis, Ch. 4.

If you read the account, Cain brought 'some' of his produce. Abel brought the best bits (the fat - YUCK lol) of the firstborn, this is why God wasn't happy with Cain's offering - he didn't bring the best, in fact it's quite possible he brought the worst which he wouldn't eat himself or be able to sell - it was nothing to do with blood vs vegetables.

Since Jehovah is supposed to possess precognition he
    presumably knew in advance that his rejection of Cain's noble offering would
    result in dispute between the brothers and lead to murder. Jehovah was
    therefore guilty of setting-up Cain, but nevertheless it's always his hapless
    human children who must take the rap for his own lunatic whims and
    actions.

So what if God did know what would happen? He didn't make Cain kill his brother - Cain is ultimately responsible for his own actions, no intent on God's part for 'setting up' anyone. (free will vs predestination - completely different thread lol!)

With reference to the animal sacrifice system - grim and excessive as it was, at least the God of the Bible banned child sacrifice which was in common use at the time! Most of the meat was used too - could we say that Temple = slaughterhouse/butcher's, to take a really basic idea?

Finally Jephthah's vow was his own - not a command of God, so again not a great argument for the 'demand' for blood.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

LMAO-guess I won't be dating Jesus. I scored in the lowest percentile possible on the quiz.

• 5go
    5go

I love the fact Jesus is a Zombie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit