WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

eclipse:Just feel happy in your belief that you are going to heaven to be with your savior, and the rest of sinners/ non-believers are going to hell.

You must not talk like that eclipse. I can't judge you. Only God can judge us and He will judge me too.Why would I feel happy at this point when you say that the rest of sinners/ non-believers are going to hell. (John 3:16)

Wouldn't it be thier choice to go there? That is not what Jesus taught or what He wants at all. But ofcourse I would feel happy that I am promised to go live in heaven and enjoy things beyond my imagination. They say heaven is on earth but can you really say that? Wouldn't you like to go in heaven and be happy forever too? What if it is really true as Jesus taught? Wouldn't it be better to take that chance than to give it up completely? What do you got to lose?

hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Terry: Jesus, a sinless man, did NOT DESERVE to be put to death at all?

It was God's PLAN OF SALVATION!

Yes Terry it was God's plan. That was the only way to help us - throught the blood of Jesus. His blood to cleanse us. The people were very wicked and the devil was so overjoyed that he was getting his way. Ahhhhh but God is smarter than that, He turned it around. Have you ever had been in a bad situation and somehow or the other it turned out right in the end.? Well that is just what happened. Jesus is alive and well. But don't you just feel to cry when you know what those wicked people did to Jesus for no reason? Tell me.

hibiscusfire

• eclipse
    eclipse

They say heaven is on earth but can you really say that?

Yes, because it all depends on PERSPECTIVE.

some parts of earth are hellish, and some are paradise.

Wouldn't you like to go in heaven and be happy forever too?

Let me be blunt - HELL NO!

Why would I want to be in a foreign place where I was not DESIGNED to live or breathe. Being anywhere beautiful, is nice, but it gets really OLD after a while when you have nothing to do but sit with your thumb up your butt.

What if it is really true as Jesus taught?

Oh well, then I guess I am shit out of luck, if I die, I will be in oblivion.

Wouldn't it be better to take that chance than to give it up completely?

I was a believer. I learned to think. I learned to reason. I am still learning. From what I have learned, I am going to live my life to the fullest on earth while I am here, rather than wait on some pie-in-the-sky promises that might or might not come true. I got real. Taking the chance by flittering away the only life I get on this earth is too stupid in my books.

What do you got to lose?

Everything. (DAMN RED FONT!)

• educ8self
    educ8self

Well, some may say that even the highest level of symbolism is still beneath the absolute. But we're talking about Jesus. Lets make a distinction between Jesus and Christ. There are a lot of guys named Jesus, I work in an area with a large spanish speaking population and I can guarantee you there are a lot of Jesus there, maybe even some carpenters - but I doubt any of them are the Christ. Now regardless of the personal existence part, (yeah I know ransom etc, just hang on for a second) what's important is whether there is this Christ aspect right? After all this is where salvation comes in isn't it? So if we look at just the Christ principle, and connect that with statements like "before Abraham was, I AM", and remember that isn't about existing before, not I WAS ALREADY, it's present tense, here and now.

Now mind you, if you're going to have any ideas about this sense of presence you have to leave the here and now - after all don't all your thoughts require something from the past? Even expressing them requires a length of time, a beginning and an end, however brief it may be. But if you remain in the NOW of I AM, there is NO TIME to tell your story about Jesus or any narrative. It doesn't say I am this or I am that, the emphasis is clearly on I AM. All stories about Jesus would amount to adding something after the I am, and giving it a completely different meaning. So it is when people talk about Jesus they have this whole personality and history added to it - making the I AM something else.

• startingover
    startingover

Hey Hibiscus, what about this Jesus? http://www.datejesus.com/bathe/

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Gently Feral - Fantastic comments - what you wrote about alienation from God ties with my ideas too. Thinking more about this, when I studied with the JW's, one of them said there was always one verse of Scripture which completely stumped them - in one of the Corinthian letters where Christ is described as handing everything back to the Father so that in the end "He will be all in all" I wonder if our thoughts here are what that verse was getting at - God's love encompassing and filling absolutely everything, if only we'd 'see' it!

Hibie - It's not so much the cut and pasting that annoys me, it's failing to cite your sources and passing off someone else's comments as your own - it's academic plagiarism.

Terry:

The most amazing act of injustice the world has ever seen!
    You ask, "What valid reason was he put to death?" NONE!
    JUSTICE is getting what you deserve. Jesus did not get justice.
    The guilty were set free! The innocent died for his non-crimes.

"the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair" (Relient K)

Now that could be a whole 'nother topic!!!

What if it is really true as Jesus taught? Wouldn't it be better to take that chance than to give it up completely? What do you got to lose?

What if pink unicorns created the earth and will not allow you to enter the pink unicorn version of heaven if you don't worship them? Wouldn't it be better to worship pink unicorns and take the chance that this is true than to give it up completely? What do you got to lose?

T I M E.

Life is short. Worshipping a being whose existence is entirely devoid of scientific support is a sad way to waste the precious little time each of us have on this planet. I prefer to spend the precious time I have here enjoying the great outdoors as well as spending quality time with my family and friends.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wouldn't it be thier choice to go there? That is not what Jesus taught or what He wants at all. But ofcourse I would feel happy that I am promised to go live in heaven and enjoy things beyond my imagination. They say heaven is on earth but can you really say that? Wouldn't you like to go in heaven and be happy forever too? What if it is really true as Jesus taught? Wouldn't it be better to take that chance than to give it up completely? What do you got to lose?

What you've just asked is called Pascal's Wager or Pascal's Gambit.

http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/index.html

God would be an imbecile to accept the "devotion" of those who serve Him simply for the rewards He promises to them.

I think God would be much more pleased with those adhering to The Atheist's Wager:

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in God. If there is no God, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent God, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

What I find striking about this approach to life is that it still allows for the possibility of a God.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Yes Terry it was God's plan. That was the only way to help us - throught the blood of Jesus. His blood to cleanse us!

Why is this the only way to help? Why is God so obessed with the spilling of blood and death! I never understood this path! To me an all powerful, all loving God could think of a better way to fix a problem then more death!

Why doesn't God come down and show us himself the right path? I mean if God has the cure for the alignments of mankind, by all means step in and fix them!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Why is this the only way to help?Why is God so obessed with the spilling of blood and death! I never understood this path!

THE BIBLE IN THE BALANCE

BLOOD SACRIFICE: SATANIC OR JEHOVIC?

Whether or not Satanists have inappropriately indulged in
    ritual
    killing in the past, it is a fact that blood-sacrifice is sanctioned by the
    Judaeo-Christian god; it is a hangover from the primitive past, a part
    of
    both pagan and Judaeo-Christian religious heritages, but where is
    there a
    specific Satanic sanctioning for it?
    Turning to Genesis, we find that Jehovah was pleased with
    Abel's
    blood sacrifice, while he rejected the fruit offering of Cain, "a tiller of
    the ground." Genesis, Ch. 4.
    Since Jehovah is supposed to possess precognition he
    presumably
    knew in advance that his rejection of Cain's noble offering would
    result in
    dispute between the brothers and lead to murder. Jehovah was
    therefore
    guilty of setting-up Cain, but nevertheless it's always his hapless
    human
    children who must take the rap for his own lunatic whims and
    actions.
    The supremacy of blood sacrifice was therefore clearly
    established
    in the first chapter of the Old Testament, and culminates in the blood
    sacrifice of the tyrant-god's own alleged son in the New Testament.
    In other books of the Old Testament blood sacrifice - both
    human
    and animal - is specifically sanctioned as an appropriate offering to
    Jehovah.
    After giving birth it was commanded of Israelite women that
    they
    must bring a lamb as a burnt offering before Jehovah, and a young
    pigeon,
    or a turtledove for a sin offering, "unto the door of the tabernacle of
    the
    congregation, unto the priest: who shall offer it before the Lord and
    make
    an atonement for her; and she shall be cleansed from the issue of her
    blood.
    "And if she be not able to bring a lamb, then she shall bring two
    turtles, or two young pigeons..." Lev. 12:6-8.
    In accordance with a deal he made with Jehovah to "offer up as
    a
    burnt offering" the first to come from his house to meet him after
    slaughtering the Ammonites, Jephthah sacrificed his daughter.
    Judges,
    11:29-39.
    II Samuel records that David allowed the Gibeonites to sacrifice
    then sons of Saul before Jehovah to end a famine. II Samuel, 21: 1-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit