What does your city/town smell like??

by horrible life 46 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

sweetface, why does DC smell like eggs???

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Ohio smells of Trees and Forest for the Most Part.

• Purza
    Purza

In the evenings the area around my house smells like cows (there is a dairy nearby). The rest of the town doesn't really have a distinct smell that I can name. I think the smell changes with the seasons. It just smells like home (if that makes sense).

Purza

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

the next town over smells like rotten eggs (major oil refineries)....my town, if it is hot and humid down by the river it has that nasty rotten fish river smell.,

Snakes ()

• bem
    bem

There is a plant here that makes animal feed or a supplement to animal feed it smells sort of like nearly burned sweet potatoes to me, not really offensive most of the time, And there is a cracker factory here which once in while you can catch a wift of brown sugar. But my favorite is the honeysuckle which is seasonal of course.

Openfireglass: Is this harvest time for all of the US?? I live in SE Oklahoma, and we grow a large crop.

My husband once told me, that the whole town benefited from the crop. I begged to differ. Then he told me, when the crop came in, husband would buy his wife a new dress at the clothing store. Time to get that tooth fixed. They go to Walmart to get the kids new shoes. etc.....

I have an uncle <> by marriage hehe)) years ago tried to tell me the same thing about his families crops except his deal was the boys buy cigarettes at the local store and pop for the kids and fuel etc.....Thing is they are really super close to where you live. (How embarassing). Oh but they swear they no longer do that!!

• helncon
    helncon

There is no distint smell to the air here but its so clean and crisp.

You notice the difference when you go to a larger town.

But agree it smells like home

Helen

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Dirt, goodness I love that smell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit