What does your city/town smell like??

by horrible life 46 Replies latest jw friends

• daytona27
    daytona27

I live a couple miles from the beach, so it usually just fresh sea air.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

depends on the wind and the circumstances. In summer when it's over 110 degrees, smells very faintly like dead animals. When the wind blows from the east, smells like the Salton Sea (kind of sulfur-y). When there is a fire, which is at least one big fire a year, it smells like smoke. After the rain it smells like asphalt and there is a particular desert plant that smells like cat pee after the rain. But mostly, it smells like nothing at all, or the faint scent of flowers. Apostate Kate, which Joshua tree forest do you live near?

• Gregor
    Gregor

So the young man returns from his date and his buddy asks how it went. "Not so good. We were making out and things were getting pretty hot and heavy when all of a sudden she says, Kiss me where it stinks! So I drove her down to the paper mill..

• Carmel
    Carmel

...the ocean... carmel

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It doesn't have a smell, generally. There is a strong aroma of barbeque every weekend in the summer.

Contrary to what one might think, NJ doesn't stink (once you're away from certain northern turnpike exits)!!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Knoxville doesnt have a particular smell. In Ohio there are a couple of towns that smell like rotten eggs due to the pulp plants, especially Chillicothe. Portsmouth used to have a similar smell, but it was tinged with a burning coal smell also.

Painstville Ky has the only downtown that actually smells like cigarette smoke, I noticed it, even though Im a smoker too.

West Van Lear Kentucky smells like a combination of burning coal tar, diesel fuel, and creosote, probably due to the proximity of the railroad and coal trucks.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Our city can at times take on the smells of the various stages of corn syrup production because of the processing plant. It can randomly smell like french fries, pop corn, vomit, or a very bad cat's litter box. I feel bad for the hundreds of people who live in the trailor park right accross the street.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    In Ohio there are a couple of towns that smell like rotten eggs due to the pulp plants, especially Chillicothe.

Tell me about it. I was raised in Waverly (30 mins from Chillicothe) and on some days (especially hot and windy days) the "Chillicothe" smell would drift way down where we lived. I have no idea how people can live in Chillicothe.

I'm on the out skirts of Columbus and there are a few farms near us. Most farms are being sold due to over population but at the moment (so far they haven't sold yet) we live not too far from a sheep farm. During the spring you can get a terrible smell of sheep crap. Right now it's mainly cookouts. Today it rained and smelled refreshing.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

this time of year, it smells like fresh cannabis about ready for harvest....

• horrible life
    horrible life

Openfireglass: Is this harvest time for all of the US?? I live in SE Oklahoma, and we grow a large crop.

My husband once told me, that the whole town benefited from the crop. I begged to differ. Then he told me, when the crop came in, husband would buy his wife a new dress at the clothing store. Time to get that tooth fixed. They go to Walmart to get the kids new shoes. etc.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit