What does your city/town smell like??

by horrible life 46 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Depends - if you are in the loop, it can smell like diesel fuel and bad BO (or pee). However, if you are strolling on the north side of the chicago river, it can smell like fish. Go west and it smells like chocolate.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

depends on where you are.

uptown-flowers, old wood, and beer

marigny-incense, old wood, and beer

downtown-good food, old wood, sometimes vomit, and lots of...........beer.

• changeling
    changeling

BigD: The French Quarter smells like peed out beer.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ditto to what "Daytona27" said... so who, where are you Daytona27? We may be neighbors!

As for "fresh air" around here, the local legend says that John D. Rockefeller (one of the original primo global elitists) had studies done on where was the BEST FRESH AIR and was told it was Ormond Beach (just a few miles up the road from Daytona), and so he established his "Summer Home" there. The JDR Summer Home is still there and open for tours, etc.

/ag

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I once spent two weeks near a sugar mill across from a plantation and the air smelled like mollasses, and that smell has really burned itself in my brain. I like to break open "Sugar In the Raw" packets in restaurants because it tastes just like how that place smelled.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It smells of the burning of animal bones.

Slim

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

During the day, a mixture of pig/cow and dog crap, with a hint of mango, papaya, orchids and diesel fuel. At night, Hmmmmmmm....bbq'd fish, chicken, pork, dog, frog, bat, and tuba (coconut wine, smells like runny, yellow, baby skat).

Oh ya, and pig/cow and dog crap.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Wet season, my city smells of rain. Love it, you know that smell of the first few raindrops on hot concrete?

Brinjen, I love that smell, doesn't happen hear too often though.

Also the smell just after a thunderstorm is amazing !

Ooh yeah Alpha, smell the ozone! Love it! Hope we get plenty of storms this year

this time of year, it smells like fresh cannabis about ready for harvest....

Right OpenFireGlass, I'll need your location, and details of the next flight to get there!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey horriblelife... Ya Amarillo is not real good. Worst smelling town in TX Midland-Odessa!!

It smells like sugar mills here. :D

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Eggs (DC)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit