What does your city/town smell like??

by horrible life 46 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

It's dry season here at the moment, not much in the way of smells, occasionally the ocean.

Wet season, my city smells of rain. Love it, you know that smell of the first few raindrops on hot concrete?

• 5go
    5go

Cedar and Pine with a slight hint of pollution.

I used to live near Amarillo it smells like hell, literally like burning sulfur. It comes from the refineries.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I'm surprised mine is the first so far: Pollution.

It's not that bad, you can barely smell it. But we live almost right next to a major highway, so if it's any smell I smell, it's pollution.

• Mum
    Mum

It usually emits no odor. When there are wildfires in the area, we get smoke and the smell that goes with it. Reno is the real windy city. Sorry, Chicago.

Regards,

SandraC

• anewme
    anewme

Up here it smells like dry summer grass with a hint of mesquite........every breath is precious, clean and sweet.

Anewme

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    Wet season, my city smells of rain. Love it, you know that smell of the first few raindrops on hot concrete?

Brinjen, I love that smell, doesn't happen hear too often though.

Also the smell just after a thunderstorm is amazing !

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    any town with a kingdom hall has a rotten stench in the air

When I was looking for a new house a couple years ago, a friend directed me to a new residential development near my work. The prices were right and it looked it would be a great neighborhood.

Then I found the Kingdom Hall around on the far side of this new community. I stopped considering this area as a place for me. Just could not stand the thought of having to be so near.

Too often it smells like urine (NYC)...

But not as bad as it used to, right? Me? Around my house I smell grass. Lots of grass. Around town? Broccoli, strawberries, citrus. Lots of farmland around here. Unfortunately much of it is being sold off to make room for new housing developments. -Aude.

• samiam2b
    samiam2b

Let's hear it for the "Tacoma Aroma"!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Where my house is its quite close to a couple of farms so if they've been muck spreading its not too fresh!

The actual town has loads of takeaways, from chips (nice smell!) to indians and cantonese, chineses etc (not nice smell!) also loads of pubs and bakers so you smell all that. I avoid the walkways in town cos of the lazy ones who spill out of the nightclubs at night and wee up them, they stink!But its a nice place really lol!

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Bah, I wasn't the first to post Pollution...

Now I feel just plain stupid :P .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit