We've been invited to a JC

by besty 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

It seems to me in order to be DF/DA for apostasy you would have to be promoting a false religious teaching. If you sent an e_mail RE the UN, what is the false teaching? Wouldn't the question to the JC be, "Is this true?" If it is true and of course it is, the only thing you have to "apologize" for is "accidently" seeing this on the net.

Here's the script. "Oh brothers I'm soooo sorry for what happened. It will never happen again. I just googled JW's and that popped up. I couldn't believe what I read. I should have obeyed and never used the evil internet."

You get the picture. You may also get reproved and then you can move away.

• besty
    besty

The 'incriminating' part of the email was a personal statement of new found faith in Jesus, not spreading a scandal like the UN or anything like that.

Drew Sagan - thanks for the words of advice - I'm under no illusions about being DF'd if we don't turn up. I have a strategy though....more to follow when its appropriate

• Forscher
    Forscher

Hey Besty

I think the best characterization of those JCs is that they are nothing more than star chambers. I think you Britts learn about those learn about those nasty little beasts as a matter of course because they are a part of your history over there. If you do, then that comparison will really drive home the point you were trying to make.

Forscher

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Besty, it's hard to give any advice on you challenging this without reviewing your defense [sic], I will remind you this though. If, your apostasy is based on: "new found faith in Jesus", then you probably don't stand a chance. Faith in Jesus, is not faith in Jehovah, and certainly not faith in the FDS and his spirit guided organization [sic, again]. Which will be the question they will ask you, and remove you.

By believing in a different faith as taught by the Watchtower, and then talking to other witnesses about this, is apostasy.

sorry mate.

No, scrap that, Well done mate.

steve

• Badger
    Badger

Personally, I wouldn't go. Let them to the work.

As for the fade, there's no wrong way. You're set up for the band-aid method: one quick yank, stings for a bit, then you're free.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Gee what a crime...finding your faith in Jesus.

These people are nuts.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

They certainly are nuts Dagney, imposters of the real thing.

They have done their worst - our closest friends, bar one or two have decided they want nothing to do with us and Besty's family (mine are being loyal to flesh and blood over and above this man-made organisation, luckily for me). Pubsinger once said to me, "if you can get out with only a few family relationships in tact, it's a huge bonus". I tend to agree.

So, disfellowshipping won't really make any difference to us at this stage (even though I really would rather not have that label. I am still baffled how they can feel that by treating you 'like a posionous snake' (Watchtower 1951) all the while telling you 'it's because they love you', you will want to come back???!!!!! I wouldn't want to come back to that unconditional love (not to mention the false doctrine/promises, hypocrisy, mentally/physically/emotionally crippling routine) for all the whiskey in Scotland!

However, how can they have the audacity or right to DF us when the whole basis for 'apostacy' in the bible was if you were turning people away from Christ and teaching the resurrection hadn't happened?

And where in the Bible does it say you can't attend a church and worship Jesus/God?

And where in the Bible does it say that you can't make a stand for truth? (I actually had a sister say to me "you can't tell people the truth about the truth because you would wreck people's faith and we wouldn't have a united brotherhood...) So a faith based on lies - how wonderful!

They need their heads examined. Poor twits.

Little do they realise that if they do DF us there will be no reason to keep quiet and I will be on a mission to contact everyone and tell them what really is behind the curtain.

Bring it on.

• besty
    besty

Tonight is one of three evenings 4 loving elders have set aside to meet with us. We've declined an appointment at The Kangaroo Court Hotel - ***** star chamber :-)

The guy I knew as my best friend has parked his car outside the KH when I drove past on the way home.

I did let him know out of courtesy what my issues were when I bumped into him 3 months after stopping going to the meetings. During that 3 months he never so much as knocked our door or sent me a text. He lives 500 yds away. I guess he is the star witness for the prosecution.

Sweet Pea and I are having a steak dinner and a bottle of red tonight.

• Dagney
    Dagney

"Clink"

• JK666
    JK666

Besty & sweet pea,

Enjoy your evening away from elder hell! Have a drink for me.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit